Monday, March 30, 2009

babies, roofs, and bills

A massage client of mine had her baby about 3 weeks ago. He is their first baby and they had been trying for many years to have him. Now that he is here, they are needing a bit of help at night. So, as if I don't have enough on my plate, I have taken on a night nanny job. I prefer to call it "postpartum doula" work though. They just have to get over the hump of new baby craziness and that is what I am here for. I am sure I will have a lot of fun stories about little Luke. More to follow.

The insurance company is making us get a new roof and man they aren't cheap. Since we bought our house "as is", we didn't get anything done to it so we could get a great price for it. It has hail damage and other patches that are not fixable without replacing. We have had three people out for bids in the last week. Today, one of my clients was here for a massage. He gave me the name of a contractor that he uses on all of his jobs. That guy came out about 30 minutes after Scott called him this afternoon and gave us a bid. We took it. I was half as much as the other bids we had been getting. What I am hoping out of all this work we are having done is that we can sell it and make a profit...whenever that may be. NOT soon.

Today I decided to stop all the paper bills from my medical expenses from coming in mail. I set up online automatic payments for all of them. Each month I get a statement in the mail it is a constant reminder of things I would rather not be constantly reminded about. That way, money can go in and out of my account and I don't have to have a piece of paper to tell me so. I found out today that the hospital that I had my surgery at cost $120 million to build. So that is what I am paying for....

No comments: