Wednesday, March 11, 2009

last week in a nutshell

A HUGE thanks to my mother who came to help us move and get organized. I could not have done it without her here. She is amazing and wonderful!! She got here on a Thursday and left last Monday.

Last Wednesday, Scott had to miss practice to cut down the tree branches that were blocking the way for the electrical wire to be reconnected. He climbed up into the tree and was going to saw them down by hand. The neighbor two doors down must have heard the commotion he and I were making and came over to see what was going on. As Scott was trying to shimmy into the tree, I told the neighbor that we had to get the tree trimmed so they could come back and hook up the line. I had better precede this by saying that the electric company had come earlier that day to connect the line. When the branches were in the way, they left a note on the door saying that if we had the problem taken care of by 5pm, they would come back out to install. The neighbor happened to have a power saw and we borrowed some of the other neighbors electricity to cut down the limbs in the way of the line. So, we got the limbs cut by 3pm and I called for them to come out and they had canceled the order instead of putting it on hold so we didn't get power until Friday. I kind of made a big fuss about it, so we are getting a $95 credit for our inconvenience. Well....it was inconvenient. We moved in on Friday and didn't have power until the following Friday. I am not sure why Scott looks so cheery in the picture. He wasn't very happy about what he was doing.
Thursday I had a scheduled induction. This precious baby was born that afternoon.
Friday I had lunch with the girls at Rio Mambo. What a cute picture of Francesca and Marissa! Our other friend, Patty, and her daughter came as well. We had so much fun.
That afternoon, I went to Rachel and Andrew's house. Rachel was to be induced on Saturday and she and I were determined not to make that happen. Mom gave me some points to work on her and within two hours of being at her house, she was going into labor. I am going to write that story on my blog very soon of my version of the events. If you haven't read the story, read here for the version as told by her Bradley instructor.
Sunday, I saw Mater on the way to church. I thought I would take a picture to show Andrew.
Sunday afternoon I went on a postpartum visit with Rachel and Alayna Katherine. She is so precious. Have I ever mentioned that I love being a doula!!!
Monday night Scott was hooking up the washing machine. He was trying to screw off one of the parts and broke the piece off the copper pipe. It was about 9:30 pm. He couldn't turn the water back on after that. We went to Wal-Mart, but they don't carry copper so we had to wait to use water until Tuesday. Just as I laid my head down to sleep Monday night, I got a call to take one of the girls to the hospital for some pre-term issues. I ended up staying the night with her. I got home at 7:45am and went straight to bed. When I woke up at noon, Scott had fixed the pipe and I could shower for work. I love that my husband is so handy! Saves us some money on electrical, plumbing and carpentry, that is for sure!

Tonight I am going to finish up with my house organization. Heidi and her family are coming tomorrow for the weekend. I am looking forward to it, but have much to do before then.

Check out the GRAND TOUR of our home on the video. Excuse the mess, we are in process still.


Thanks for watching and reading ya'll!!

HUGS!!!!

3 comments:

Jolyn said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to update us! Your house looks so great, you guys will have such a wonderful home there. And Mater -- ha,ha, that was funny. Love that character.

(I didn't know it rained in Texas?;)

Katie Kirk said...

Wow Hannah (and Scott) - I am impressed! I really like the layout of the house - REALLY. It has a good feel to it. And, hello, you have 4 bedrooms and a bonus room - plenty of room for babies and visitors. Is the house newer?

Hannah said...

WOW - you are wildly busy! I will take a look at the video when I'm back next week. I'm so glad things are going well and that you're getting to experience so many new lives. ENJOY! And have fun putting your house together! YAY!