Wednesday, March 4, 2009

move update #2

We are told power will be on today!! The FW city inspector came our late yesterday afternoon. He was surprised someone was living there already. Apparently we weren't supposed to move in until the electricity deal had been resolved. I guess no one was wanting to take credit for missing the closing date and they let us move. He told us that some of the work on the house had been done without permits. Unfortunately, that means that we aren't sure that all the remodel work meets code. Anyway, he gave the go ahead for the power to be restored. I called the electric company last night just to make for sure they were coming out today. They will be there today between 8am and midnight. What a range! I hope it is closer to 8am. We are still at Scott's mom's house until we can sleep over there. I decided to sleep in until 10 today. Scott called from work and finally made me get out of bed to be productive. We have so much to do at the house still.



Yesterday Scott installed a closet organizer in our master bedroom so that we can use the space more efficiently. I spent the afternoon/evening organizing the linen/cleaning supply closet. Thankfully, I had a battery operated lamp to finish up with. I was determined to get that job done before I left. It was kind of freaky being in a new house with no power and not being familiar with all of the outside sounds yet. Hopefully today we can get a lot done. I am off to a late start though.



I am still waiting on the baby that was due last Wednesday. I have been so hopeful that she will not go into labor this evening or tomorrow because I have a girl from the center that is going in to the hospital tonight to prepare for her induction tomorrow. I have back up if I need it though.



Texas Wesleyan won their game on Monday. It was the last regular season game. They were undefeated at home which had never been done before. They finished their season at 26-3. They conference tournament starts tomorrow through Saturday. We will find out the middle of next week what they will be seeded at for the national tournament and what day they will play. I have a client due with her baby on the 14th. If she goes over that date, I am not sure I can go to the game. I may have to find out how to fly stand by and just leave last minute. I am not sure how to do that. But, I have the coverage for me at work to be able to go.

I am thinking that blogging is not being very productive this morning. I guess I better get packed up and head over to the house.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You've been busy!

I can't believe the craziness with the electricity. (Or lack thereof.) I'm glad to hear you'll have power sometime...between 8am and midnight. :)

I can't wait to see pictures as you get settled in!