Wednesday, March 4, 2009

electricity nightmare

Okay people, this is getting out of control. Scott and I got to the house at about 1:00 this afternoon. I checked the mailbox for mail. No mail, but a yellow card that said the electric company had been there and left. They could not connect the main line due to tree limbs in the way! Are you serious!?! At the bottom of the card it stated that if we could correct this issue by 5pm same day (today) that they would come back out to the house. We called several friends and referrals to see if they could do an emergency limb trim. Everyone was busy. Scott decided to go over to his dad's house two blocks away and get a little hand saw. He climbed up into the tree and was trying to get out of his awkward position when the neighbor came over to check out the situation. We told him our predicament and he said he had an electric saw. We connected three extension cords together and plugged it into the neighbors outlet. Scott cut the big limbs down (pictures to come) and I called the electric company at 3pm to let them know the work was done and they could come back out. They explained that they had cancelled the order instead of putting in on hold and they would have to put another order in for a service call. That means that we will have power on Friday now instead of today. I got a little bit upset. I don't usually get mad at these things because I know it happens for some reason, but I had had it. I told the lady at the electric company that I was getting very frustrated and upset about it. I felt that they should have put our order on hold instead of cancelling it since that is what the note said they could do. And, Scott missed practice today in order to get the limbs cut TODAY just so they could come out and we could have power TODAY! I paced the streets for a little bit. Luckily, the nice new neighbor has connections with the electric company and said he may be able to get it turned on for us today anyway. I had to leave to come to work so I am hoping Scott and he can get it taken care of. I hope so. I am not getting home until 10 or 11 tonight and I so want to sleep in my own bed.

I am taking one of the girls at the center to the hospital in a few minutes to stay the night. I am crossing my fingers that my client does not call about her birth while I have to be at this birth. My client has been drinking Castor oil today and doing every other natural induction method on the book. She was due last Wednesday and she is so ready.

Needless to say, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'll keep you posted about it all!!!

1 comment:

racheljenae said...

oh gosh I'd be mad too! sometimes you just have to stick it to 'em! I'm sure you hold back much more than I would have. I hope its on by now!