Monday, March 2, 2009

a move update

Thanks to some of our wonderful friends, we got moved over to our new home on Friday night. We had a few little things and some cleaning yet to do that we got done yesterday at the old house. Thanks also to my FABULOUS mother. We could not have done it without her. She really worked hard cleaning and moving while she was here. I think we surely wore her out!

We haven't gotten to stay the night there yet because we don't have electricity and here is why. The city would not pass our electrical inspection without an air conditioner. (We purchased the house without one there.) I guess it is because there were exposed wires in the space where it was to go. So, they wouldn't let us turn on the electricity. Sunday a client of Scott's came out to get a quote and today he came to put in a new a/c unit. Also, the main wire from the electrical pole had been cut at the house and the wires were coiled at the back fence. It has been a disagreement on who was to actually be responsible for that mess. Finally, today I called the electric company and told them it was an urgent and dangerous matter, and that we had live wires in our yard. So, they should be on their way over to connect the wire asap. I guess it takes an emergency to get anything done. Once they get that hooked up they can turn on our electricity on Thursday. We are staying with Scott's mom until we get all that finished. I will send some pictures of our home as soon as we get more settled. Send me an email and I will get you our new address: hannah.reasonerLMT@gmail.com

It has been kind of crazy because I have been expecting a baby to come just any day. My client was due last Wednesday and I have been waiting on a call to her birth. I was sure it was going to be over the weekend. Thankfully it didn't interrupt our moving, much to her dismay. I am ready for her call now. I don't think I could have handled another thing this past weekend.

Tonight Texas Wesleyan has their last game of the regular season. They ended up being the conference champs, so that was pretty exciting. Because of that, they will for sure be going to the national tournament in Kansas City in two and a half weeks. I am hoping to go. I got some time off work to go. I need a vacation anyway.

That's all for now...more when I can.

1 comment:

Em said...

Yay for Kansas City! I will be expecting your call soon....
And yes, I would like your new address please! emilyfast@gmail.com