Sunday, March 8, 2009

last minute birth decisions....I love it!

I don't have time right now to write a post on it. We are at Scott's mom for lunch and have to head back to the house to get things settled before tomorrow when I am supposed to have clients for massages.

Rachel had her baby! The story is absolutely incredible. For her entire pregnancy she had been planning on a hospital birth assisted by a group of midwives in downtown Fort Worth. The day before she was to be induced I went over to work with her. This was on Friday afternoon. Neither her, nor her husband were looking forward to the induction on Saturday, but according to her last menstral period, she was 17 days post-due. Just shortly before she went into active labor on Friday late afternoon, she decided to have her baby at home and called in a group of midwives to come. Luckily, I had worked with that group before and knew them well. You have to read the amazing story on Donna's blog. I will post it later on mine.

No comments: