Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a day without a husband

I have to admit that I can get a lot done without Scott around. I do miss when he is away, but I sure can be productive.

Marissa and Francesca came for lunch. We sat on a blanket in the back yard for a while and opened rotting pecans from the pecan tree. Next time they produce pecans, I can save myself a lot of money. I watched a movie when they left (that wasn't productive). Then, later this afternoon I had a postpartum visit with a client of mine. I have had the best doula clients. She had her baby in February and today I took over the birth story I wrote for her. She gave me an awesome necklace that I have been having my eye on for quite some time. Thanks Claire and Ollie, I love it!!! It is similar to this one below.

Then, I went to Wal-Mart to fill up my 5 gallon water jug and got distracted with the mega sale. How could I pass it up? It was too great. I ended up buying a pair of jeans, two pair of khakis, a pair of corduroys, two sweaters, and a jacket all for the low, low price of $23! I know a bargain when I find one.

Now, I am waiting on the "post due" baby. The mom was due on the 14th. The hard part about being a doula is that your life revolves around an expectant mother. I had planned to go to KC to the NAIA tournament this week/end. Texas Wesleyan is ranked 10th in the nation and they are playing their first game tomorrow night at 9:45 pm agains Lindsey Wilson from Kentucky. The head coach was going to buy me a plane ticket to go, but I couldn't take the chance I would miss the birth. Good thing I didn't take him up on the offer. The ticket was for yesterday. I may plan to head out on Friday if they win tomorrow night. I will just have to make last minute arrangements. (If the baby comes first, that is.) Their game on Friday is at the same late time. But, I do feel very blessed for the reason I am missing all of this. I wouldn't trade being a doula for anything. It is a calling.

Well, I guess I will go watch another movie I checked out from the library last night. So far the two I have watched have been so-so.

Hugs and love ya'll!!! And, as always, thanks for reading.

No comments: