Wednesday, April 1, 2009

if found...please return

What is lost? My mind. I am not exactly sure what I was thinking what taking care of a three week old at night would be like. I guess I didn't think it was going to be like this though. He is very precious and sweet and likes to hang out with me at 2:30am instead of sleeping! On top of that, I have to work most days that I leave from their house. This is great practice though. I was rocking him back to sleep this morning and thinking that I am okay not having a little one just quite yet. God bless working women who have small children! That may just be me not too long from now.

When I got home at 7:45am, I went straight to bed. Problem was that the roofers came at about 8:30 this morning. I am not complaining though. We were very, very blessed yesterday. Scott has a client that he trains the gym that had 25 bags of shingles laying around that she wasn't going to be using. She and her brother brought them by the house last night. Thankfully the roofer is letting us use them and will match them to whatever we would still need. They are just what we needed and a perfect color for our house. The shingles are what costs the most so it is saving us hundreds of dollars!! An answer to prayer for sure.

Today I have off so I am getting ready for my friends JoAnne and Aaron to come stay the night tomorrow on their way to Louisiana. Must get house work and groceries done.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That is awesome about getting hooked up with the shingles! What a blessing!

Um, H - I can safely say that I am not a fan of the newborn stage. Between the hormones and the lack of sleep, I was hurting. Thank goodness I got a sleeper from ages 2 months to 4 months with Krosby! Needless to say, it is an exciting time, but very very very exhausting.

They sure smell good, though. :)