Monday, April 27, 2009

it's not like in the movies

It started out as a nice, calm, rainy day. I am working on a paper and drinking tea. Scott got home from work at noon and started on his usual puttering around the house fixing things.

My client showed up for his massage this afternoon. Scott was going wire some switches while I was working. He knows he is supposed to be very quite while I am in session. I got my client all squared away in the massage room and was getting ready to head in there when I hear......

the loudest crash I have ever heard...ever!

Next thing I see is....

Scott's legs dangling from the ceiling in the hall.


I ran upstairs and he was curled up in a ball on the floor. He had pulled himself back up and into the bedroom. I was afraid he had straddled a 2x4 when he fell. Thank goodness he didn't!! He just scraped his leg and chest, but thankfully wasn't too badly injured. As he lay there on the floor, I saw $ signs running through my head. (I am such a bad wife.) Luckily, it wasn't anything a little ice couldn't fix. No trip to the ER. I made sure I was okay and headed in for my massage. He is a client I have had for 3 years so he knows us pretty well. When I got in there, he was wanting to make sure everything was okay. I told him that everything was fine, Scott had fallen through the ceiling. He said it was such a loud crash, he was ready to come out and fight the person who was busting through the front door. He said "you don't want to mess with a cowboy in boxers and boots!" Haha, well luckily all is well. Scott says at least it isn't expensive to fix and that that is a little less popcorn we have to scrape off the ceiling. That is one way to look at it I guess.

As I write this, we are sitting here and laughing about it! :)

3 comments:

Jolyn said...

Oh. my. I must say we are all laughing here. Conner gave me the heads up because he saw your note on facebook. John said he was surprised he didn't hurt something else! (Luckily he didn't!)

Jerilyn said...

When your Uncle Joe did that he at least did it through the garage ceiling!
So glad he wasn't hurt.

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! What a great story, with pics, that you can tell your kids someday! And grandkis! I can imagine your massage client was quite shocked by the noise! :)

Glad to hear he's ok!