Friday, April 10, 2009

let there be light!

While I rested today to try and kick this bug, Scott tore up the house...literally. He was working to get electricity to the middle of our home. When the previous owners built the upstairs they didn't think that the wiring had to be run from somewhere. Scott also took back the carpet in the hallway upstairs. They had rigged the joists and it isn't very stable to walk on. Can you just imagine a post on a big hole in the sealing that I fell though!? Luckily the spot he took up was also right above the pantry in the kitchen which just so happens to need light. So he is wiring in a pull switch in there. As you can see in the picture below, he cut a hole in the wall in the upstairs room in order to make another crawl space. Hopefully it will get a door soon. I had to quit looking at all the things he was doing. It seems like every time I turn around there is a hole in the wall somewhere else. He keeps saying "don't freak out babe." But holes that mean we will have to paint eventually. Although I really like the color on the walls, I don't know what it is to be able to match it. Last night I got light in the hall bathroom. Very nice indeed.


This is a fun Happy Birthday picture we took before out dinner outing on Monday.
I finally broke down and bought us a coffee maker. He wanted one for his birthday. I got a French press so it won't take up counter space. It didn't take up long to get used to the morning coffee. Plus, we are saving $$$ by making it at home....who knew?
And finally, my favorite new photo of Joely! Is she not the cutest??!!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow, sounds like lots of adventures in your house! Go Scott!

You two look great in your pre-bday outing pic. :)

Joely is quite the cutie. Love the tongue!