Sunday, August 31, 2008

"science projects" and life lessons

It came right down to me just being tired to my gross kitchen! Ok, gross is a bit dramatic, but yesterday I had had it. You see, our kitchen is about the size of a small closet give or take. We literally have about 3' x 1.5' of usable counter top space to prepare meals. If we let the dishes pile up due to our lack of a dishwasher, than you can forget about having a space to use. Which yesterday, this was the case. It always seems to be the cups. I don't know why we can't use the same cup all day except for the fact that Scott has about two protein shakes a day and I have one. Then we drink water and that makes two more cups. You get the point. And, I was going around the house rounding up cups here and there that we had used by the bed or in the living room and what not. So, I completed my first task of the dishes.

And, my fridge was a disaster. Because I have been sort of down and out for about three weeks, last night was the first night I felt like cooking. I am embarrassed to say the least. Yet again, I found several "science projects", as Scott likes to call it. Mostly just half lemons and limes and avacados that we had used here and there. This wasn't actually the worst that it had been so it didn't take me long to clear it out and wipe it down.

Being crazy like I am, I called my mother last night to apologize that she had to come to my house in such a rush that I hadn't been the good little housekeeper that week. Our house, to me, was a disaster. Others may not feel that way, but I like a clean house for company. It needed dusted and swept. The bathroom was not that clean either. Mom, of course, said I was a "silly willy" (yes those were her exact words) for apologizing for my house. Thanks, Mom, for cleaning while you were here! Um, so some of you are going to probably tell me that I need to get over this "clean house" issue before I have kids. I already know, and thanks in advance for the advice.

What is funny about all of this is that we are going to look back in ten years and laugh about the first house we lived in and all the things that we will be grateful for because we lived in this house. I guess sometimes it takes a little craziness to appreciate what you have. That goes for the baby thing. I didn't realize how much I wanted to have a baby until we had this little scare. I know we will truly appreciate the experience when it comes again. God is good like that. Every once in a while we experience little things in life that make us realize how grateful we are for the things we have.

I gotta get ready for church! Love and hugs everyone!

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

Oh, Hannah. You are a silly willy. But caring about your house again usually means you are starting to feel better, so that is a good thing.