Sunday, August 17, 2008

post surgery recovery

It has been three days since surgery. I am getting more energy every day. Yesterday I felt strong enough to get out of the house, so Mom took me to The Vitamin Shoppe to see Scott and we got some recovery supplements. That was about all I could take yesterday and I was exhausted when I got home. I took a nap for several hours. I have three incisions, one through my belly button where they took the camera in to navigate and take pictures, one where they blew gas into my stomach, and one to get in and take fallopian tube with the pregnancy. Scott said the doctor came out and showed him the pictures. My left fallopian tube was about 10 times the size of the right. The doctor was surprised I hadn't been in more pain than I was.

Yesterday and today it finally hit me that I actually had a baby growing inside of me that isn't there anymore. It is sad. I hadn't gotten attached to being pregnant because I didn't even know I was six weeks along until I went to the ER on Wednesday. I had no real symptoms and no signs because it was growing in my tube. I had bleeding and pain that I was sure was a cyst. I had talked myself into thinking I had a cyst the size of an orange on my ovary. I was wrong. Everything in the hospital happened so fast that I didn't have time to have emotions about it all. I know that God is with us during this time and our baby will come again when it is the right time.

My dear friend, Marissa, has set up meals to be delivered by our church friends. It has been such a help to us. We are so blessed to have such great friends and wonderful support through all of this. I know that I wouldn't be watching the Olympics as much if I wasn't bed ridden, so I guess that has been fun.

Tomorrow, Mom and I are going to Arkansas. I am looking forward to getting my mind off of this and getting away for a while. I hope the trip won't be too exhausting.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support!

3 comments:

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Hannah, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that God will abundantly restore what the locusts have eaten and soon, before you know it, you will have a houseful of children! And this little one that you will someday meet in heaven will be the icing on top of a blessed life!
Love you bunches! Wish I could give you a big hug! Cheri

Em said...

Hannah, I too am really sorry for your loss. You are such a trooper! God has a wonderful plan in store for you and this is just a part of that plan! So hang in there and keep getting better! Love you guys!!

Jerilyn said...

Hannah, I've been thinking about you so much. My internet is only working intermitently so couldn't email earlier. I am so sorry you had to go through that. But God is good and you will be ok and so will your body. Don't do too much too soon! Love you.