Sunday, August 24, 2008

home sweet home

We got home from Arkansas at about 6:00 tonight. Scott had to be back for his first team meeting tonight as assistant basketball coach at Texas Wesleyan! We had such a great time with the family. I was able to recover and am feeling a lot better. I had a bit of a melt down one night, I think it was just the hormones changing though. We are glad to be back home and I am going back to work on Tuesday. I am ready to get back in the swing of things. This blog will be mostly pictures. I took lots while we were there.

Heidi dressed Joely up like a little doll so she could meet her Aunt Hannah and see Mamaw again! It was so precious.

Of course I snatched her up right away. She is such a little angel.

#1 nephew and #1 niece! Pardon my exhaustion, I wasn't feeling too hot obviously.

It is so sweet when Heidi talks to her. Joely listens so intently to what Mommy is saying.

Can you believe I caught this picture? Heidi was talking to her and making her smile. A rare shot for a 2 week old baby.

We had a few scary run ins with Batman. There were a couple of entertaining Batman vs. The Joker fights as well.

Gotta love the little dresses. Couldn't resist this picture, she is so beautiful.

Proud big brother with his new baby sister.

The night Scott came Andrew, Scott, and I stayed the night with Katie and Chloe. Andrew LOVES Chloe. He played with her all night. Chloe isn't so much used to kids so I think she was a bit annoyed with Andrew at times. They got along pretty well though.

Andrew helped Katie with the chores around the house. Such a big helper! Katie made us blackberry pancakes for dinner. Thanks Katie!

Bedtime!! Andrew slept on the floor next to Scott and I. We made a little pallet for him and Beanie Weenie.

A proud uncle. He will be a good dad someday!

Mamaw and her grandkids.

Mamaw and Papaw and the sweet baby girl.

Andrew and Great Grandma Egle putting puzzles together.

Joely finally graduated from her herbal baths with Mommy to her very own bathtub. Heidi and I gave her her first bath last night. She seemed to love it.

Watching the Olympics with Uncle Nathan and Uncle Daniel. We missed Uncle Henry.

Last night Heidi and I celebrated our birthdays. Grandma and Mom made us a carrot cake. We had steak, chicken, corn on the cob, asparagus, portabello mushrooms, and cantelope. Mom really outdid herself! Thanks for grilling Jacob!

This is SO cute. Andrew is getting ready for football season. He has been practicing his Hog Call. You gotta see this video below!


1 comment:

Jerilyn said...

What cute pictures - thanks for taking the time to do this blog! Glad you're doing so well.