Friday, August 29, 2008

feels like home

Just a quick note before I retire for the evening. Tonight we went out to dinner again....Haven't really had a chance to stock up on food since coming home from Arkansas and getting back to normal. Anyway, we went to dinner and to Wal-Mart for water. On those two trips we saw several people we know, or Scott's knows at least. I like to go out in Fort Worth and recognize people we know, make it feel like home. It's not quite like McPherson, though, where you are guaranteed to see someone you know when you go out for errand. It just makes it feel like I have my own little section of Fort Worth when I see people I know. It has been happening quite a bit lately. Makes me happy because I think that means I know a lot of people here.

When we were out to eat at Rio Mambo (good Tex-Mex) we were seated next to a birthday party. My guess was the girl was turning fourteen. She had about six of her closest friends there at here table and her parents and younger siblings sat at the next table over. I tried to pay close attention to the gifts a fourteen year old girl gets now-a-days. From what I could tell, without it looking as though I was stalking her party, she got dangle star earrings (which she immediately put on), gift cards, and several things that called for an "oh my gosh, I totally can't believe you got me this! This is soooo awesome!" Unfortunately, I was unable to stretch my neck out far enough to see the "way coolest gifts ever". Brings back memories though. I almost called Heidi right then and there so we could reminisce about birthday parties from our past! I remember the days of dangle earrings. Hers kind of looked like the ones I got when I turned twelve back in 1992, of course mine were gold back then and hers were silver! Scott was pretty amused with the whole situation as well. There was a lot of squealing and giggling going on. I told him not to roll his eyes too much, he will be the parent of that fourteen year old girl before he knows it.Good night ya'll, time for beddy by. Catch up again soon!

No comments: