Sunday, December 21, 2008

tis the 'flu' season

Scott has the next week off from practice, so we are trying to take advantage of our time. We went to his dad's house on Friday afternoon after a bit of Christmas shopping. You see, his dad admittedly has an issue with buying things and trading out his decor quite often. It works out great for us because we have been able to furnish our home with his leftovers. I believe that we have purchased maybe two small items for our home. The rest have been given to us by friends and family. We are truly blessed. Our latest "garage shopping" experience, as we like to call it, landed us three area rugs, a coffee table, a new kitchen table and chairs, a side table, and a new shelving unit. I am not sure how we are going to configure all of these new items into our tiny house, but believe me, I will make it happen. Our bedroom and massage room are getting flipped in the very near future. The massage room now is bigger and has the door to the outside. I just don't need that much space in that room though and our bedroom is too small for the furniture. My plan was to do the flip yesterday....until I started puking.

It got me....the flu bug that is. I didn't get out of bed yesterday except to shower and of course.... Scott was a real trooper. I kept sending him for things for me. I was so achy and dizzy and had a fever. At one point I got up to take a shower and when I got out he had surprised me by setting up a little Christmas tree in the living room. It looks like we will be having Christmas after all. The worst part about it all was that Scott's dad had given us GREAT ticket to see the Nutcracker at Bass Hall and we had to give our tickets away to friends. I have been waiting to see that ballet for three years. Maybe next year.

Anyway, it is interesting that just recently the conversation came up in another blog of what you will never eat again because you saw it again...you know. Well unfortunately, Friday night was a girls night out for Marissa's birthday. We went to P.F. Chang's downtown. At this point, I never want to eat there again which is a real bummer. I love that place. We had a good time downtown and then we went to our friend Katie's house to play games. There were only four of us left by then. We had a good time and I got home about midnight. That is late for us and especially the moms of the group.

Here are a few pics our night out. I am unintentionally hiding the b-day girl in this picture. It is so much fun to go out with the girls. They all have kids and great husbands that stay home with the kids on nights like this.

There is the birthday girl!

Sister-in-law, Trish and sisters Rebekah and Elizabeth

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Get well soon!

Glad you got to have a fun girls night before the nastiness started. Big hugs from Kansas. :)

Jolyn said...

That is such a bummer about the ballet! I casually mentioned to Olivia that I wanted to take her to the Nutcracker on stage someday and now she talks about it all the time. Whoops. I'm usually more careful about things like that.