Monday, December 1, 2008

saving the house

So, the house, oh the house. Long story short, we are having to draw up another contract on the house because it appraises for less then our original offer. Thank goodness they are allowing us to do this. We really want the house, but hadn't done the "research" we should have on the front end and are having to back track. We haven't worked on it for several days as we wait to see if our new offer will be accepted. Much prayer would be appreciated. I am really okay if it ends up that we don't get it, but I would really like to be a home owner. Scott, on the other hand, is a bit more upset. He has really put hours and hours of work and effort into the house and really does not want to lose it now.

He is sweeping the kitchen floor from all the sanding we have done. We have started and plan to sand every piece of woodwork in the house. It is a lot of work, but will pay off. The old paint was just chipping away and wasn't prepped well when painted this past time. I have the oh so wonderful job of taking off the 1/4 round that needs replaced and sanding the baseboards. As you can see, I am thoroughly enjoying this job! NOT! Listen to the lame excuse my husband has for not getting on his hands and knees..."I'm too tall". Oh please...well I am glad to do it really, it is just so tedious. I guess I can give him a break, he did sand the entire kitchen for hours while I was gone to Arkansas for a weeklong training. But sanding is one of those thankless jobs that has to be done. I will look very classy when all done though. We still haven't turned the gas on because we don't know whether it is a go still. So, it is freezing in the house and we have to bundle up. We stopped and got a coffee to share on the way over.


1 comment:

racheljenae said...

way to go you guys!!! just think it will have the sweat of your brow put into it making it all the more dear :) or maybe not! you should call down reinforcements from Arkansas :)