Friday, December 5, 2008

back at it

It is a new day...yesterday was not a happy day and we were a bit glum. But, today we started over with a fresh attitude and will press on. We will not let this house thing get us down. Bigger and better things are in store for us!

I took my gym membership off freeze this week. I thought that I should get back into it after four months off. Truth is, I could have started working out a lot sooner after surgery than now, I was just being a slacker. So, I am back into my routine. I work out at LA Fitness. There are two in Fort Worth. This morning I decided to check out the one that Scott works at. It is much nicer than the one I go to that is closer to our house. It is very convenient for him since he can work out at work. His membership is free! Unfortunately, mine is not. But, it has gotten a bit too freezing to work out outside so I am back in the gym.

When we lived in Arkansas and I worked at a gym doing massage, it was easy for me to work out. I was working out 3-5 times a week. And, on top of that, the studio Heidi works at was right next door and I was taking private Pilates once a week. Needless to say, I lost 15 pounds during our six month stay in Arkansas! Well, nine of them have come back so I have a bit of work to do. Something about Texas makes me accumulate the pounds. I have one of those body types (Scott could tell you what it is) that tends to gain and lose really easily. The gaining parteasy...losing is takes real work. :)


The only other thing I do is drink a protein shake....or smoothie. I have tried all kinds, but find the pea protein to be my favorite. It is vanilla and I add blueberries, strawberries, half a banana, rice milk and a handful of raw spinach to it. YUMMY! I have Andrew hooked in it. He used to always like to share my shake when I made it when he was around. That was when I used to drink chocolate flavor.

Tonight is popcorn and a movie night. Scott is going to Nachadoches (sp?) tomorrow (5 hours away) for a game so we are having togetherness time tonight. We still haven't gotten our Christmas decorations up. I wasn't going to put any out this year if we were going to be moving, so we will have to go over to our shed to get them out and put them up. I love decorating for Christmas, I just am not really in the decorating mood. Maybe this weekend we can find time. Maybe...?? Yesterday I went on a cleaning rampage. I have spent the last six months mentally preparing to move so I would say to myself "I can live with that until we move." I rearranged and thoroughly cleaned the bookshelf in the kitchen. I rearraged a closet and started on another. This house has very, very and I mean very limited space. I have about three feet of workable kitchen countertop space and three less closet than I would like. Not having a garage doesn't help because I end up storing things like paint and tools in the house that would rather belong outside. We do have a shed full of lawn equipment...thank goodness for it. Anyway, we have three closets for housing clothes that one day in the coming weeks I am going to totally redo. I am not sure what we would do if we added another person to this house....hmmm. I wish I had a little bit of money to have a professional come over and do organizing for me. It isn't that I can't do it, I just need bins and baskets and shelves and whatnot.

Ok, I just realized that I am rambling. Everyone stay warm and cozy! Hugs to you!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congrats on getting back to working out. I really hope for a wonderful 2009 for you!