Tuesday, September 30, 2008

oh ya, I have a blog

I almost forgot that I have a blog to keep up with. I have been super busy since last Thursday so I have finally gotten the chance to sit and blog.

The women's retreat last weekend was amazing and I came away with so much! I left work on Friday and went straight there. We had a great evening speaker and than fun games, stayed up until 3:30am talking, got up at 8:00am, had a great speaker Saturday, left from retreat to go back to work at 4:00pm Saturday and back home that evening at 10:00pm. When I got up for church on Sunday morning it felt like I had slept for five minutes. I haven't yet caught up on sleep.

Today was my first day at the adoption agency. I did training this afternoon and met with the girls. I am not sure if I clarified that this is a place where young women come and live in a dorm style situation. They give birth at hospitals across the street. All of these girls are adopting out their children. It was so great to see what all I will be doing. So much to learn. There are about five girls due in October, so I will have a lot of opportunities to attend births as part of my training. I will not be able to be at births unattended until I have finished my training. I have online training as well as two to three assisted births to attend. I have completed my drug screening and rubella test,. That rubella test (a blood draw) gave me a huge bruise on my arm. I think the gal hit a vein or something. Today I went in for my TB test. I will have in read on Thursday. I feel like I have been in dr.'s offices more lately than I have been in my entire life. So many pokes and sticks. I am over it already!

I have put in my resignation at my job in Arlington. I just feel as though it is time to move on to where my passion really is, massage and helping and serving women!

Scott has decided to start a fitness boot camp so I have been working on a blog for him (http://getfitwithscott.blogspot.com). He's not much into the computer/blogging part of it. We are praying he will have a good response with clients. He is looking forward to starting it.

So much more to write, but I can't see with my eyes shut. Nighty night ya'll! More to come soon.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I was about to comment and tell you that I needed some updates! :)

Glad to hear the retreat went well. And glad to hear that the ball is rolling with your new job, too! I know you'll have an incredible experience there. Those girls are amazing - what a gift they're giving.

I want to take Scott's boot camp! I need it!