Saturday, September 20, 2008

Holthus women are amazing!

Thanks to all of you who have shared your thoughts with me this week. I needed that! I had a couple of rough days feeling like I was in a "hole" that I wasn't sure how to get out of. It is like that saying in the movie "Catch Me If You Can" about the two little mice that fell into the pitcher of cream. One mouse just gave up and thought he was never going to get out and drown. The other mouse tried and tried so hard to get out that he churned that cream right into butter and climbed out. Well, that is what I intend to do! I have my life to be thankful for and I am truly grateful. I could be on the other end of it and not be here today. I guess any amount of bills can't compare to what my life is worth. My friend Katie and I were discussing this week that if the Lord brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Amen sister!!!

Yesterday I worked at the spa in Aledo. I did two 90 minute massages and held up pretty well. I haven't done any massages since August 13th. I think that may be the longest I have ever gone. I love it out there. Susan, the owner, and I get along great and I have such wonderful clients. They are so good to me.

Heidi called me last night at 10:45 to tell me she and a friend had gone to a play called "Birth". She wished I could have seen it. It was about the birth stories of eight different women. I am so happy that she got out of the house for a few hours. It was much needed and deserved. She says Joely will take a bottle now, so she pumps and lets Jacob feed her so she can go on outings and eventually she will go back to work in November.

Today is a glorious day....so sunny outside!!! I got up early and enjoyed a walk to get breakfast at Einstein's near TCU. I studied a bit there and then came home to work a bit on the last of my essay questions. I have nine questions to go before I am officially finished with Elements of Holistic Nutrition. Then on to Chemistry. Will that be fun or what?!!?!?

I am looking forward to Sunday. Our Lifegroup at church starts again. When Scott and I were first married we went to this Lifegroup. It is for young marrieds. Out of the six couples that started, we are the only ones without kids yet. But, it is fun. We are doing a Gary Chapman series and it will be two Sunday nights a month. I am hoping we will get some new faces this time. The church we go to has a lot of young couples.

So happy that my mom did well on her exam this week. She left me a comment on my previous post that you all should read. I talked to her on Thursday morning before her test. I had originally thought her test was just today (Saturday), but it started on Thursday so my good luck and many blessing card was going to be late. She proceeded to tell me that Heidi sent her a care package!!!! How sweet was that? When Heidi called last night, I gave her a little talkin' to though. She showed me up ;). How can she have a six week old baby and still have time to send my mother a care package with homemade brownies, mints, etc. I am sure she probably sent a scarf she had knitted or a quilt she had hand sewn too! I had just gotten done telling Heidi earlier that week that I can't believe how wonderful of a mother she is. She seems like she can spin plates and juggle while helping Andrew color a picture and change a diaper all at the same time. She is truly amazing. She is the calmer of the two of us. I hope I can be as poised as she is as a mother someday.

I don't have recent pictures of anything. I will be going to Arkansas the first week in November for my doula workshop and you can count on lots of photos from that trip. I was talking to Heidi on the phone the other day and I told her to tell Andrew hi, so she did. He said, "I do not want to say hi to Hannah." That little stinker. I know in my heart that kid loves me! That is all that matters, right? I miss Joely too. Heidi sent me pictures last week and she is growing so big!

Well, fellow bloggies, I sure am happy you stopped by today. Thanks for reading my thoughts. Have a superb weekend!

P.S. For those of you inquiring about the $52 blanket, um ya, it stayed at the hospital. :(

1 comment:

judy said...

Don's comment on the blanket,"That is ridiculous!'