Sunday, August 8, 2010

my hair

What can I say? I have been blessed with beautiful, naturally blond hair. Every time I go in for a hair cut, I get comments on how lucky I am. I am not going to lie, I do feel very lucky that I am not spending hundreds of dollars to keep up this look as many women have to.

But, since getting pregnant and having a baby, my hair is getting darker. My roots are dark blond not the light that I am used to. I am kind of freaking out about this. Will it every go back? I doubt.

I am not much into considering dying or highlighting my hair, being kind of a naturalist myself. Honey blond isn't so bad I suppose...ho hum.

Then there is the dilemma of what to do with my style. I have always had shorter hair. Prenatal vitamins helped my hair grow fast. I kind of like it grown out a bit, but I am a mom now. Do I have to get a "mom haircut"? What is a mom haircut anyway? It is easier for me to fix longer hair than shorter hair. Shorter hair requires a style and a fix every day. Long hair can be pulled back and thrown up in a flash. And, I can even kind of make it look semi-cute in a matter of a couple of minutes. Before baby I used to take the time to curl my hair. Bah ha ha, that hasn't happened in weeks. Wish I had time to do it, I think it is a cute look.

Then there is the bang issue. I tried the no-bang look and I have such a large forehead that it wasn't a flattering look for me. And, I have a huge cowlick right smack in the middle of my bangs. It makes it challenging to style at times. Bangs it is for now.

I recently spent $16 to get a trim that I am not pleased with from a new girl rather than spending my usual $60. I get my hair trimmed about every 5-6 months. Maybe I should have justified spending the money to go to my normal girl that I love. Now I have to spend the $60 for her to fix it. Wow, a $76 haircut.

I am still thinking on this one.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I really liked your hair when you came for a visit. I like it long. If it hasn't already happened, in about 4 - 6 weeks or when Eli is around 4 months old, your hair will start to fall out by the fist-fulls. It's shocking. It's a hormone thing. Keep your drain clear. Keep your vaccuum handy. It goes away within a few months. (The falling out part; not all your hair.)

In With the Light said...

I just realized that you used to follow my blog (come back! it's not private anymore..) and your blog is adorable! I love it. As far as hair goes, enjoy it while you have it! I'm still shedding hand-fulls!