Tuesday, August 3, 2010

happy camper

Well, we aren't camping here in Colorado, but I sure and one happy camper anyway. Scott got a job! He will be working for a company called WallBuilders in Aledo, TX about 20 minutes from our home. I am not really sure of all the details that this job entails, but I do know that it does have benefits and it is 40 hours a week with great pay. He starts next week and we are all so thrilled! He has decided to also keep his pizza delivery job on the side for now to make a little extra money so we can catch up.

Eli is a bit out of his element here in Colorado. The weather is 70 degrees not 100 and the altitude is a bit high for him. But, he has done fairly well. It is hard to travel without a baby because your routine gets a bit off, but with a baby it gets even trickier. Today his naps between 7:45am and 7:45pm totaled about one hour. This was a set up for a disaster around 6:00pm when he had a total freak out. I thought he was seriously injured or in critical pain the way he was crying. For about 15 minutes I wasn't sure what to do with my son who was crying like I had never heard. I quickly slung him up close to me and took him outside and within a matter of seconds he was zonked. I ate dinner wearing him and then tried to lay him down and he woke. I laid down with him for about 20 minutes to try to get him back to sleep to no avail. I brought him out on the sofa and he still would not sleep. So, when mom turned on the ancient cabin dishwasher that sounds like it could take off any moment he passed out again. Guess he needed some background noise to lull him to sleep. Hope tomorrow is a better day for the little guy.

On a side note, he has dirt under his finger nails. Why? I guess I really should be asking myself why I have let his fingernails get to the length that dirt can get under them. Where is dirt coming from anyway?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congrats on the job! Big sigh of relief for your family. That sleep book I read said that it does physically hurt when kids get to that "I'm too tired to sleep" stage. Hopefully things will get better. Hooray for babywearing!