Monday, October 13, 2008

what a night

Last night was eventful to say the least, one water breaking and one throwing up all night. I will tell you that it lead to a baby being born this morning at 9:00am and I was able to catch the last hour and a half of it after I was relieved of my HP duties this morning at about 7:30. I got about five hours of sleep last night. I am used to getting at least eight. Good practice for motherhood someday. ;)

I told Scott today that after being at two hospital births with women having epidurals, pain meds, continual fetal monitoring, no food or drink privileges, and cuts in places I wish I hadn't seen, I am totally on board to have a home birth myself. I had no idea how confined a hospital makes women feel. Of course, I have been dealing with teens who "just want the baby out" so I haven't gotten the experience of coaching a "natural birth" which I am very eager for. I have been talking to a lot of women lately. The second to last day I was at Veria I met a gal that was very much interested in having a doula at her birth someday. We bonded on the fact that we had both lost babies, me to an ectopic and her to a molar pregnancy. She is interested in natural health and was thinking about taking classes from Clayton College of Natual Health which is where I am getting my degree. She lives in Fort Worth so she would be close. I hope she gets pregnant someday. They have been trying for about 9 years. She has lost two babies. My heart ached for her.

In other fun news, my dad is helping Scott and I write a proposal for the house we are giong to purchase from our landlords...finally. I posted the pics of it back in July and then we have had so much on our plate since then, it has gotten put on hold. Now we are finally starting to get serious about it. I am going to meet with them on Wednesday to see if we can get something together for buying and moving soon. It would be fun to move before Christmas. It is looking like that will happen. I am going to have to beg my parents to come and help us clean and move in. We are proposing to buy it "as is" and it needs a tad bit of work to it, painting and such.

My 4:00 massage just called to reschedule. I am kind of glad, I need a nap, it was a long night. Time for some shut eye for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Em said...

Hannah, sounds like you've been a busy girl! Keep up the hard work!