Saturday, October 18, 2008

crazy neighbors!

Seriously, do you have to involve the whole neighborhood in your 2:00am party?! So, last night I was waken by loud Mexican music and people yelling. In light of the fact that I had to work today, this wasn't gonna fly. I called the police after listening to that for about 20 minutes. They showed up about 20 minutes after that I am guessing because the party broke up, the music got quieter and I fell back to sleep.

Yesterday we put a contract on a house! My dad is helping us with the details since we are purchasing it from our landlord and bypassing a realtor in town. We met about the purchase proposal and after deciding on a few changes, Dad drew up the contract. We will probably be hearing something this weekend. Once the contract is accepted, we will take possession. If all goes as planned, we close on Dec. 1st. This will give us time to do some work to it. It needs a hug. I went over yesterday to access all of the needs....paint, knobs, blinds, ect. We went to Lowe's last night to get an idea of the cost of certain items. It was a bit overwhelming. We could end up spending a fortune if we aren't careful! As of right now we are planning on painting for sure. I also want to replace the chain link fence with a wooden fence. While I was there I noticed that the backyard is a short cut for kids in the neighborhood...even with a fence there they just walk right through. I would feel safer if we had a wooden fence especially with kids in our future. I think that once we paint and get our things in there that it will feel like a whole new house. I am very excited about it. I have before pictures and of course we will take pictures of our progress and share.

Scott is working at LA Fitness now in addition to his coaching job. He has been there about 2 1/2 weeks now. He really likes it and has been getting a lot of clients. He is averaging about 4-5 clients a day. I am so proud of him. He is even calling the people that aren't showing up! That is huge for him because in the past he hasn't felt confident enough to do that.

Well my client is here so I gotta scoot!

2 comments:

Jerilyn said...

Good for both of you and Yeah! for all your plans and projects. It's so fun to read about all your enthusiams.

racheljenae said...

thanks han! definately not the best of weeks :( Yes, we do need to hang out...I'm going home this weekend, but lets' plan sometime soon! I usually only have things planned on Monday and Tuesday nights, the others are usually free. Just let me know what would work best for you.