Sunday, October 12, 2008

stop honking at me!

I am a self proclaimed "grandma" driver. I'll admit it. I got honked at twice this past week. Once was because I was at a red checking my daily planner and didn't see it turn green and the other was on the way back from taking two pregnant ladies to get sonograms and again I was at a red and didn't see the light turn. For goodness sakes I had precious cargo, give me a break people!!!

So, I have been at the Gladney dorm for nearly twelve hours. I am the weekend house parent this weekend. I will go home tomorrow morning at 8:00am. Luckily, there are only about eight girls here this weekend instead of all 15 or so, so not a lot is going on. I made dinner for all eight, but only three of us ate so there were a lot of left overs. I should have made a frozen lasagna that was in the fridge and that would have been a lot easier on me. Instead I made baked chicken, brown rice, and broccoli. Some of these girls eat a lot of carbs like cereal and banana for breakfast with no protein. It worries me. Anyway, I fixed a plate for Scott since there was so much left over. He will come and pick it up later. He isn't allowed inside the dorm. The rules here are a lot like the rules I had at Oklahoma Christian....no boys allowed in the dorm, curfew with an alarm, that kind of thing. So pretty much I have just been hanging out all day. I had every intention of working on Chemistry but....

My last night at Veria was fairly uneventful last night. I am glad I am done there. I am ready for the next stage in my life. They got me cupcakes and a desert cookbook as a going away gift. I had to wait and read the card until I got home because I knew I might cry. I made some good friends there. I will stay in touch with then though. Plus, I like the food they make so I have to go back.

Hope you have a great week ya'll! I may have a birth to report about in the next couple of days. A lot of braxton hix in this place today. Night!

No comments: