Monday, June 30, 2008

drama queen???

First off, I would like to say that in the past I have been labeled a "drama queen" by my family. I can firmly say now, that if you all would read other peoples blogs (I will mention not names to protect the lives of others), I pail in comparison!

With that being said, on my fourth day of work....I had a flat tire. How lame of an excuse is having a flat tire when you have to call your boss to tell her you are going to be late because of a "flat tire"? Scott had left for church and I had to skip out on account I now have the privilege of working Sunday's (woohoo). I may have time to squeeze it in, but on this Sunday I didn't want to be late to work...hahaha. I get in the car and drive a block down and immediately notice something is seriously wrong. I pull into Chicken Fried Rice...which incidentally is owned by Mexican's, but that is another story....and realize much to my dismay that my tire is flat flat flat. I called Scott who was 20 minutes in the wrong direction away. He picked me up and took me to work which I was 17 minutes late for. I kind of got the feeling that my manager was a bit suspicious of my story...but what can I do you know. I think she believed me when she saw Scott there to pick me up at the end of the day.

This morning Scott got up extra early to take my car in to get fixed and get the oil changed and the inspection done. I was soooo happy that I didn't have to do any of it! And, to top it all off, they fixed the tire for free!! That was a real blessing. He had to be into work at 1:00 this afternoon. He usually gets up at 5:00 a.m. to work out. He took my car after that which gave him time to take a short snooze before work. It seems like every time my car has had a flat or some kind of tire problem I have just gotten a new tire and all my tires are different ages. Scott thinks I need to get a good set of new tires soon. Sure, let me go out back and pick $400 off our money tree!!!!! Do I sound like a parent??? Ha ha...oh the joys of being an adult.

Anyway, what is so great about him doing all that for me is this.....Scott is a firm believer of doing nothing on his day off. And when I say nothing, I mean that asking him to fold a load of laundry is too much. I must say, though, that since he is a BIG believer in relaxation, he instills that into me as well. He would rather do everything on work days...mow, clean, etc. (doesn't make sense, I know). Today is my day off and he didn't want me to have to do "car stuff" on my day off. I must say, I am not quite as "relaxed" as he is on my off days. I have done laundry and light cleaning today. I even made it to the mall this afternoon and walked around with Marissa and Francesca. That was fun. Marissa and I like to get together as much as we can, but she has a little one year old to chase and I have a full time job so it gets a bit crazy to catch up sometimes. We mall walked (that sounds so old lady) for about an hour and a half. Francesca was awesome, but we knew when she had had enough. And that was the day!

Off to make dinner for my hubby! Baked chicken and beans...perhaps some broccoli too. We'll see what I can scrounge up.

No comments: