Wednesday, June 25, 2008

i'm a workin' woman

Today was the first day of my new job at Veria Wellness Center. I will highlight some of it:
  • Got to work at 9:00am and got a quick feel for the place before heading over to the corporate office for a product training on MegaFlax. Thought that was interesting since, in my opinion, flax is one of my top ten healthiest foods on the planet. MegaFlax seems to be like a great product. They gave us an entire one pound bag to sample so that will be the true test.
  • I ate my sack lunch of a sprout sandwich, strawberry yogurt, and cucumber and tomato salad at a picnic table outside Veria Cafe. It is sure going to be hard to resist the cafe food everyday...it all looks so yummy. I did grab a little snack at the cafe before leaving though. It was an Energy To Go wrap. It was peanut butter, yogurt, banana slices, apples slices, and dried cranberries wrapped in a tortilla. It was delicious!
  • After lunch I headed back out onto the floor where my head was filled with all kinds of policies and procedures and training. I will admit, today was a bit overwhelming for me. I went over all the supplement and vitamin lines. Then reviewed the body care and make up line which didn't take long. I did a bit of cleaning and straightening too.
It was a long, fun day, but I was glad to come home. I am not used to standing all day on a concrete floor. I will most likely be investing in a pair of comfy, black walking shoes after my first pay check. The dress code is all black and they provide a black smock to wear with the company logo on it. Well, at least I won't be fretting about what to wear to work everyday, that will be a plus!

Looks like Scott and I may just start seeing each other passing in the night. My schedule was 9-5 today and his was 1-9. I can't complain too much though....at least I can count on my income these days...a huge plus!

I told Scott that he is going to have to get used to making his own lunch to take to work. He had gotten into the habit of not making time to fix anything before he left the house. I would usually get a call after he had been at work a while needing me to bring him dinner. Last night before I went to bed I packed up my lunch and had it all ready to go before heading out the door this morning. MEN...........

Time to make myself some dinner and take a load off!

1 comment:

Em said...

Oh how I wish I had a 9-5 schedule! 12 hour shifts, 3 days a weeks isn't as glamorous as you would think! Congratulations on the new job. Sounds WONDERFUL!

Oh, and your lunch sounded delicious! Can you make my lunch every day?