Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's About Time

So, I have been entertaining the idea of getting a "real" job for a few months now. There are several reasons including my aching body and financial stability. It has been about four years since I have actually worked a "real" job...and by "real" I mean working full time for someone besides myself. Since March I have looked into many different types of jobs such as administrative assistant and chiropractic assistant. Until I get my degree next year, I don't have much in the way of schooling to offer. However, I think that what I am looking for will be based on my experience.

On Tuesday I have an interview at a wellness center. They just opened and are looking for all types of positions. It is a full service wellness center providing fitness classes such as tai chi, yoga, and Pilates. They also have massage therapy and aesthetics. They sell a wide variety of organic products like personal care, clothing as well as music and workout videos. It sounds a lot like the place I worked at in Frisco when I first moved to Texas. I have applied for non-massage position. Hopefully I will have what they are looking for in terms of support for their company. I am very ready for a change.

Scott is a bit worried that I will be letting all of my massage clients down. I have about four to five regular clients that I would definitely try and keep on a regular schedule along with my full time job.

So, I will keep you updated about all this when I know more!

2 comments:

Jolyn said...

Hannah, I just wanted to let you know how much I have been loving each and every post! Even when I don't take the time to comment. I will pray that everything goes as it should for you in your job search. That place sounds very interesting and right up your alley, and I am sure you would learn so much if you end up there. (Even if it's learning about what you don't want to do!)

judy said...

thanks for keeping us up to date on your "goings on" Good luck on your job search, change is good. So does your bachlor friend ever go to Kansas City?