Sunday, July 6, 2008

crazy, irritating, annoying GNATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, it is 11:48p.m. and I am really unsure why I am about to go ahead and post, but here it goes anyway. I have been up working on Scott's resume tonight. I know, I am a good wifey. Actually, he is pursuing other options at the moment. There are several reasons for this pursuit. One being the salary that he discovered was not where he was thinking for the promotion he was anticipating in a year or two. There are other reasons too, like the hours and standing all day. Mostly, I think that after calculating a budget, it just doesn't look like we could cut it on his salary alone at any point. So, the job search begins. I just finished editing his resume and cover letter for a position with Texas Wesleyan (his alma mater). Not too much to edit, as his resume is pretty up to date. He is applying for Coordinator of Student Activities and Volunteerism. He thinks that quite possibly if he gets a job there that he could help out with the basketball team...just JV for now. Tomorrow he is going to put in a call to his old coach. If he gets the job he is applying for, he will report to his old assistant coach...funny. Anyway, he is kind of excited about a new opportunity. And, at the same time, he is freaking out a bit. He doesn't like change too much. He also is a very loyal and dedicated employee and making a change this early in the job he has now is not going to be that easy for him. We would appreciate the prayers.

Can I cut in here and say that we have been having a gnat problem in our house for a few weeks now. ARGGGGG!!!! They are flying around my face right now and I could scream!!! Anyone have any natural remedies to get rid of these extremely annoying creatures!!!???? Ok, sorry for the side note....

As for my job, it is going pretty good. It has it good and bad sides to it. I stand on stained concrete for about eight hours a day. I occasionally will steal a seat for a second here and there, but it has not been friendly on by back and feet for sure. Note to self: buy a good pair of shoes when I can afford it. Another downer is that since the store has only been open since Feb/March, it isn't hoppin' and I can get a bit bored. I can only straighten vitamins so many times. We end up doing a lot of cleaning and chatting at work. We have make-up and some of the girls will do makeovers on each other. I haven't ventured there yet. It gets better at noonish when the lunch crowd comes into the cafe. I usually try and steal the position of cashier at that time so that two hours just fly by. It has been hard for me to resist eating there every day. The cilantro hummus is delish!!! Tomorrow is my day off, well I do have a massage appointment scheduled for the afternoon, but hopefully I can get cleaning and groceries done before she comes. My next day off is Friday. And, again, it really isn't a day off, I am going to the spa in Aledo for a few appointments and we have a wedding to go to in the evening. I am not exactly sure why I think that I need to work 7 days a week. I hardly have time to study these days. I am going to burn out fast if I keep it up. No lectures please! I already know.....

In other Reasoner news, Scott and I have been stalking the house we may buy. Friday we went by (for the fourth time) and took pictures and I had every intention of posting them tonight, but maybe tomorrow..... It is 3/2/2 and it has an extra room off the kitchen that has a door leading outside.....like a potential massage room. We haven't actually seen the inside yet, but the outside is brick and it was built in the 60's I believe. It has a sprinkler system which Scott is pretty excited about that possibility. It has a little backyard, and it faces north which is good. Our house now faces west. It has zero insulation and the doors are black. Can you say sauna???? Needless to say, our electric bill is getting a bit out of control with this 100+ degree weather everyday. We try and keep the house at 78 and about 5 fans going. Does that defeat the purpose of saving energy?

Oh, and the 4th of July....yes, we went to Dallas to Scott's step brother's house. He lives across from a country club and we got to watch the fireworks from there. They were pretty spectacular. I must say, though, that I would have much rather have joined the Derby party!!! Miss you all!!!! Maybe next year.

I have to add that I am super jealous that my family is in Colorado right now enjoying the scenery and taking in the mountain air! Wish I was there, again, maybe next year.

I guess I better sign off for tonight.

No comments: