Monday, July 14, 2008

good friends and good times

Another day off! I should be studying right now, but I have found many things to keep me preoccupied. I will head out when I finish the update...

Scott is still on the job search and has submitted a few resumes. Work is going well for me. I am starting to get the hang of things and finding things to do when I get bored. I don't have to ask people anymore about what needs done. Yesterday was supplement inventory and it took us all day to do and that killed a chunk of time. The only complaint I still have is the concrete floor I stand on all day. My sciatic pain has been seriously acting up since I started work. I usually get time to go in and stretch on a ball in the yoga room. I need a good massage and chiropractic treatment, it has been a few weeks.

Today I made popsicles from my morning smoothie. Scott won't taste my smoothies. He said the one I made yesterday looked like motor oil....haha...it had rice milk, spinach, protein powder, blueberries, strawberries and banana in it. The spinach makes it dark. I like it anyway. I made the same one today and had a little left over so I froze the pops. I hope they are yummy....better for you than ice cream I guess, which I seem to crave when it is soooo hot outside.

Friday night we went to a wedding of some friends of ours. They got married at the historical YWCA in downtown Fort Worth. It is about 10 minutes from our house. It was fun...pics below.

I am still working on a fun overnighter for our anniversary. The Inn on Lake Granbury (www.innonlakegranbury.com) is still in the running as long as they still have rooms available by this coming Friday (payday) so I can pay in advance for the first week in August. It looks pretty neat and we both got off the 5th and 6th so we can go. Our anniversary isn't until the 12th though. I am also trying to plan a trip to see Heidi. It may have to wait a few weeks after the baby comes. I really want Scott to come too. It is just so hard for him to get time off work right now. Hopefully in a month or two, he will be in a different job.

Jimmy and Trish's wedding.


Francesca is hangin' out with me.


Jonathan and Marissa getting groovy on the dance floor.


Scott and I dancing.


The lovely Marissa and Miss Francesca.


Scott is bustin' out the moves.


And, as promised, photos of the potential house we may buy. We still have not seen the inside yet. These pictures don't do it much justice, as the landscaping needs a bit attending to. It does have sprinkler system though. And if you can't tell, it is on a corner lot. The picture right below is a view from the front and the one below that is from the side. The two car garage is accessed from the side street.

No comments: