Monday, July 7, 2008

still standing

I must go to bed soon, but feel the need to blog a bit first. Sorry, no pics of the house again today, but I will post them soon.

I have found it very interesting that now that I have a new full-time job, I get more done than ever! Sounds crazy, I know, considering that before working away from home, I was at home all day every day. Well I am not sure what got into me last Thursday. I got up at 5:00am in order to leave for work by 6:30. Returned home from work at 4:45p.m. Left the house again an hour later to work on two clients in their home, went to the grocery store, came home and did dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and did laundry all before Scott returned home from work at 10:00p.m.! Today, my day off, I faxed resumes for Scott, got groceries, worked on two clients, did laundry, and cleaned the bathroom again. To some of you, this may not sound like a lot, especially for those of you who have kids and are laughing at me right now! Until just recently it was not uncommon for me to still be in pj's at noon trying to muster the energy and strength to do the previous evening's supper dishes. That is what a "real" job will do to you. I have yet to figure out where I am going to fit in two very important aspects of my day, working out and studying. It seems as though my schedule on the days that I work has been set to 11-8. That is not an easy shift to work. Can't do much before or after that shift. I am sure I will get into a great routine just about the time I become the 7-4 person!

In other really great and exciting news, it looks as though we may have our wedding album just in time for our two year anniversary....just don't ask... Those of you in Mac, the parents will be getting a duplicate of mine so be sure to take a sneak peak.

And, it looks like I am getting a trip planned to Arkansas real soon! Tomorrow is one month till Joely is due, however, Heidi is thinking it may be a bit sooner that the 8th. Can't wait to see that cutie pie! Scott and I are trying to plan an over nighter at a bed and breakfast in Granbury, TX for our anniversary on August 12th. A client of mine says it is a great get away. All these events are happening at the same time so I hope I can manage all this time of from work.

Must go to bed. Stayed up way too late last night doing absolutely nothing.

2 comments:

judy said...

About the gnats. . . Don says "Close the door." We miss you up here. Gotta go.

Smits Family said...

I need my massage therapist! :) Thanks for you comments and prayers... it is nice to look at as I sit here and know people care!