Monday, July 28, 2008

soup and a pig

A day off....and I mean totally off!! No massage appts, no house cleaning, not laundry....well I did clean the toilet and sink, but I didn't count that. I went through my closet, too, and made a pile for Goodwill. I went to Body Works plus Abs at the gym this morning. Um, all I can say is that I am still alive and I know tomorrow I will feel that one! I miss my weekly Pilates that I used to take in AR. Working on looking into that, but not wanting to dish out the moula. For now, I can take free classes at the gym with our membership. So, I am leaving this morning to head out to the gym and get halfway down the block and there is a pitbull and a pig hanging out! I must say, I was a bit freaked out. I think I sat at the stop sign for about two minutes not sure what to think of what I was seeing. When I got home they were gone, thank goodness. I was so worn out from my class this morning that I ended up taking a nap instead of going to study like I had planned.

When Scott got home, he dropped me off at Barnes and Noble to study while he when to the gym. I made soup for supper. White bean chili to be exact. Why? I am still asking myself that. It is 106 degrees outside. I had soup out of a can for lunch too. Just easy I guess. I like to make soup because we can have it for days, but I got a bit of grief from the hubby about how it is too hot and not filling enough. I think he should start cooking, huh???

Eleven days until baby niece is due...I am counting down. I made her a blessing ring last week. Heidi wanted it to hang the cards from the showers on. I don't know how I am going to be able to wait two whole weeks to go and see her. I miss all of them tremendously. Today Scott was remembering when we were in AR two months ago for Memorial weekend. Andrew got a little sad when we had to go. I am sure it only lasted a few seconds, but we sure miss being around them. Scott was telling me that it is 10 degrees cooler there than it is here. I told him I am up for moving back! ;)

We had moving night tonight. It is official, Monday is not suspense/action movie night anymore. It is reserved for weekends only. Monday's are now for romance and comedy. Scott has the next two days off. He is going to take care of the license and registration on our "new" used car tomorrow.

No comments: