Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby R hit the jackpot

I did a little review on my other blog, Bellies In Bloom, about the products I have been sampling on my belly. I like Earth Mama Angel Baby because it is organic and has high ratings for safety for their mother and baby products.

My career motto has been "work smarter, not harder", but the importance of that really struck me this week. Often times I spend hours doing research and posting information about pregnancy and childbirth on my blog. Wednesday I spent all of about five minutes just talking about two products I have been sampling. Because of this post, I was contacted by Earth Mama Angel Baby and they want to send me free products! To put it in her words though, "we (heart) doulas, and we (double heart) doulas that are also massage therapists." This was truly unexpected and I am very grateful and happily accepting.

Friday and Saturday I attended a CIMS (Coalition for Improving Maternity Services - www.motherfriendly.org) conference in Austin. It was two, long days of sitting and listening to speakers. We came away with a lot of great information to share with the Tarrant County Birth Network (www.tcbirthnetwork.org) at our first meeting next week. The best part, though, was the raffle I won. For $2, Baby R scored gdiapers (www.gdiapers.com)!
Gdiapers are 100% biodegradable, eco-friendly, disposable diapers. They have a flushable insert and a cloth covering. They are plastic free, elemental chlorine free, latex free, and perfume free. Yay for another cool product!

Tomorrow I have another prenatal appointment with my midwives. I will be 25 weeks this week. My belly is sure growing and I am loving the little kicks. Scott thinks Baby R is getting ready for March Madness. I think aerobics. Baby R has been having the hiccups this week too. That is an interesting feeling.

So far we don't have anything ready for the baby (well, beside all the diapers that I washed and made room for in my dresser drawer). The baby's room is still getting put back together from the plumbing and termite issues. I am not concerned just yet because Baby R will be in our room for a while anyway. But, I would like to have a nice place to go with the baby to have our quiet and feeding time together. My parents are coming in a couple of weeks to help us out and we are looking forward to and will be grateful for the help.

Our house is under serious construction. Of the nine rooms in our house, only three spaces are free from the mess of demolition. As I write, Scott is tearing up the kitchen. His most recent comment out there was "there better not be something dead under here." I don't even want to know!!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yeah for companies who have Google alerts and reward bloggers who write about them! It's happened to me a couple of times as well.