Wednesday, March 3, 2010

the house and Baby R - 25 weeks

Yesterday Scott came home mid-morning between work to find me scrubbing the kitchen cabinet doors. He said "what has gotten into you?" I told him that cleaning is the only thing I have control over in my house right now. We have so many projects. Note to self (or more to husband): One project at a time is less overwhelming!

I have had a least two emotional break-downs per week. Monday night I spent 10 minutes laying in bed before I fell asleep explaining to Baby R why Mommy has been crying so much. House Projects + Pregnancy Hormones = Not something you want to witness! Scott has been giving me lots of hugs though.

Scott has been making a big ruckus in the kitchen and down the hall taking up the tile floor. We are putting down wood. My parents are coming to help us next weekend. THANK YOU in advance!!!

This is the room I hope to have in somewhat order in the next week before my parents come so they have somewhere to sleep.

Baby R, this is your room...to be. I promise it will look very cute and be a cozy place by the time you arrive.

And, if all of that wasn't enough, Scott decided to take on the project of taking down the popcorn ceiling in the kitchen and down the hall. This all came about because he was taking out three spotlights in the kitchen that were awkwardly and randomly placed. The ceiling came off so easily so his thought was "I'll just take it all down." What can I say? The guy will fix anything that is broken or not "just right". I guess I should be thankful for such a handy hubby.

Only prayer and a lot of patience is going to get me through this renovation process. We HAVE to be done before Baby R, that is all I ask.

AND....

Baby is 25 weeks this week.

I am convinced the child has monkey arms and legs - practicing boxing or jump shots or something like that.

The appointment with my midwives went well this week. Although, it seems that I am not eating enough protein. I have to keep a food diary and looking for protein sources in anything else but meat.

Since Baby R is past 20 weeks, we are listening to the heartbeat through a fetascope now. I just don't know how the baby is affected by the doppler.

I've gained 18 pounds so far. My blood pressure and pulse are good. No more blood work until next visit when they I take an iron test at 28 weeks.

And, despite some pleads for gender, Baby R is still an "it". I haven't had a sonogram since 12 weeks when I was having bleeding and felt it best to check on what was going on. But, we aren't planning another sonogram. If we can wait, so can you! :)

This is also the time to do the glucose testing, but thankfully I can decline that test and the midwives are supportive of my decision.

Childbirth classes start on Friday. They are Friday nights for 12 weeks. I am so excited to start. Scott on the other hand....He'll adjust. Men just don't get into these things like we do.

And, finally, I am currently trying to locate a birthing tub. This is tricky because they can be $200 to rent and I would feel bad if I didn't utilize it like I am thinking in my head that I want to.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh you poor thing. To be surrounded by such chaos when the need for order and the nesting instinct is in super drive! You are going to have a new baby AND and a new house! It's going to look so great!

Anne and Joel said...

Oh Hannah. I completely sympathize. I thought I was going to lose my mind when I was pregnant and our house was in complete disarray. It was horrible. And Benjamin's room still isn't really the way I wanted it, but oh well...Have you tried greek yogurt as a protein source? I think it has about 12 grams of protein per serving which is about twice the amount of regular yogurt. I know everyone in my Bradley class LOVED it! And have you tried quinoa? It's not as protein rich as meat, but it's healthier.

Anne and Joel said...

Hey, I just looked at the nutrition info for Fage greek yogurt and it's actually 20 grams of protein, and not 12 grams. That's a lot! And although it's not certified organic it is hormone free.