Thursday, March 25, 2010

updates and Baby R - 28 weeks

I am just going to blog and update with pictures later....

Sorry for the weeks it has been since my last post.

I have been starting a birth network, getting things done around the house, working a lot, preparing to teach a Fertility Awareness class, and nesting.

So, here's what's new.

We have a beautiful new floor in our kitchen and hall! (pics to come) Thanks to my dad and husband who worked very hard to get it down while Mom and I did fun things like register for the Baby R. My clients are coming over and are amazed at how wonderful it looks and even more amazed that my family did it. It is laminate wood, but it could definitely pass as a wood floor. It is just so pretty. We feel like we are in a whole new house. Scott is doing the finishing touches with the baseboards and transition pieces as he has time. I like the fact that he gets a bit anal about new things. He has been sweeping the floor constantly...hey, I can't complain.

Yesterday I had an appointments with the midwives. Everything checked out ok...

28 WEEKS - WOW, I can't hardly believe it!
Baby R Stats: Size of a cabbage and about 2 1/2 lbs
Iron Test: Passed
Weight Gain: 21 lbs. (ugh)
Baby R's Heartbeat: 150 bpm
Blood Pressure: 122/62 (I guess my house being under construction for 2 months hasn't made my blood pressure soar)
Position of Baby R: believed to be head down and way in my pelvis. No wonder I feel so much pressure.
Mommy R: was reassured that they will do everything they can to prevent tearing during the birth. (one of my biggest worries)
Pregnancy Glows: love to feel the movement, baby likes music and when daddy reads stories at night. It is funny and very sweet how the baby will be still and Scott starts reading and telling stories, baby starts moving around. I still have good energy, although I can feel myself starting to slow just a bit.
Pregnancy Woes: heartburn, lack of sleep, stretch marks

I headed to my chiropractor after my appointment for my weekly adjustment. Thank goodness for Dr. Rachel! I feel like a different person after seeing her. My hips feel so good and she does a technique to release my round ligaments that give me so much trouble. She told me that she had read that women who receive regular chiropractic during their pregnancy have babies who are able to track voices and see people more clearly right after birth because the mother getting adjustments helps with neurological development for baby. This usually doesn't happen for several weeks after the baby is born. I plan to have her come just after the birth to adjust Baby R. Awesome!

I know you want belly pics and home improvement pics....I will get them out asap!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Great update! We have laminate in one of our rooms. We love it too. My hubby installed it. Great job on the chiro work. I've heard good things about adjustments during pregnancy.