Monday, November 23, 2009

thankful for you

I am glad it is Thanksgiving week. It is just an extra reminder of what I am thankful for. Although I am thankful for many things, Baby R tops the list. This pregnancy hasn't been the breeze I had conjured up in my mind before becoming pregnant, but maybe that is okay...just a constant reminder that I am a mother-to-be.

I went in for my fifth round of blood testing today. Waiting for the results and praying the hormones are in a good range. Baby R let us hear its heart beat too. It started out faint, but then picked up...I think she (or he) was giving us a show. It was a relieving sound.

Baby R is the size of a fig in this week eleven of pregnancy and almost fully formed. The hands can open and close into fists and some of the bone are beginning to harden. What an amazing miracle!

I miss coffee. I passed a Starbucks today. If it weren't for the tight budget these days I may have pulled in for a decaf. I restrained myself.

Scott has started his new coaching job at the private high school. He is head coach to the JV girls team. Isn't that cute? He comes home with some great stories, I must say. He commented today that he has already said more in two weeks with them than he got to say at Texas Wesleyan the entire season. Needless to say, he is loving it. Despite all the estrogen he gets there and the hormonal wife he comes home to, he doesn't complain one bit.

I haven't felt like working through the nausea to start massages again, so I have been working on Christmas projects. Heidi doesn't read my blog, so I can tell you what I have been making for Joely in all my down time. Heidi says she is very girly these days. (I wouldn't know since it has been almost 6 months since we have seen them!) I got a fun idea for a tutu at a craft fair over the weekend. It isn't done though, but soooo cute. I will make a matching bow and watch her twirl around. She is also very much into babies and dolls, so I made her a stuffed rag doll. And, of course, what girl doesn't look great in a pink and black sundress? Spoiled by her auntie Hannah...I know. If you read my blog, don't spill the beans, I want it to be a surprise! (arg...my photos will not upload at the moment!)

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Tutus are so popular right now! I love that you can make your own. She'll look adorable.

Anonymous said...

A girl should never be deprived of coffee! Next time we schedule some craft time into our day I'll come bearing Starbucks, that's a promise! Can't wait to see the finished projects!!

Marissa