Monday, November 9, 2009

being green and falling leaves

After reading and hearing about several other very sick pregnant women who are due around the same time as me, I have grown to appreciate that my "morning sickness" isn't nearly as traumatic as what others are experiencing. I am so thankful that I haven't even thrown up yet. And, since I have started loading up on massive amounts of progesterone, I have to admit, I really have no more nausea. There is definitely a sensation in my belly, but it isn't my food about to come up.

I don't have the results for my blood test from Thursday yet. I called today and they said it will be tomorrow before the test comes back. No worries here though. I can feel that everything is just fine now.

I have been looking at ideas for Baby R's bedroom. I am trying not to get too radical because we plan to co-sleep or room share for a good portion of the first year at least. But, the baby does need a room to play in. My sister and her husband have started a new company called Greenovation Builders in Arkansas. They are in the business of renovating and building green (or eco-friendly)! She told me not to paint until we can get our hands on some of the paint that they will be distributing that is safe and green. So safe, she said I could paint the room myself while I am pregnant! And, just like any other "big" home improvement store, they can match any color! Even better! So, we will go and pick a sample that we like and send it to her and she will get us the paint. The best part is that the company that started this paint business is not looking to make a fortune. They live off the land somewhere here in Texas with minimal resources. These people are looking to change the way the population thinks one green product at a time. We can get this paint for the same price you can buy low VOC paint at the store for and it is even better and safer than those paints. Let me tell you, I am so excited about this! I told my sister that I would go back to school to finish my interior design degree just so I can move back to AR to work for them in their green company! Well, maybe not, but sounds fun.

And finally, the leaves are falling at our house. We have the most leaves on the whole block. Still not exactly sure what we plan to do with all of this, but they surely cannot stay on the ground piling up.

2 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

The leaves are beautiful! You better start raking (lol).

Feeling sick at this stage is a good thing. It always reminded me that I was pregnant.

Jerilyn said...

We're SO glad you are feeling so much better and things are going well. God is good.