Saturday, November 7, 2009

a literal bummer

So, I keep texting my sister that I have to get shots in the bum and her text response is "bummer, he he he!" Ok, so that is kind of funny. She is a real jokster.

We were supposed to be in Arkansas visiting them for the weekend. Due to all that has been going on, we decided to stay home and shelter Baby R. Sadly, we will have to wait until Christmas to see them. We haven't seen them since June....way too long. We had a stay-cation instead. Watching movies and football. Scott took me on a ride this morning just to get out. That was after he made me pancakes and eggs, cleaned the kitchen and folded the laundry. Then this afternoon we took another trip for the dreaded shot in the bum.

But, since getting shot in the bum twice this week, I am feeling incredible. Seems as though the hormone levels are getting back on track and no more nausea. Not sure what the progesterone results are from Thursdays blood test, but we should know Monday. Hoping and praying that the feeling good part continues.

Tonight we watched the movie Food, Inc. It pretty much summed up the book I read a while back called Stopping Cancer at the Source by M. Sara Rosenthal, Ph.D. It was about the food industries processing and production methods. Let's just say that I am so glad that I am already willing to spend a bit more to buy organic foods. We are looking forward to planting a small, organic garden in the spring....when I am 6-7 months pregnant. Thanks to my book Texas Organic Vegetable Gardening, I am all set to get going. Can't wait for fresh cucumber and tomato salad, garden beans, and fresh herbs!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Baby R and I seem to be a lot better. We hear and feel your prayers.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I watched Food, Inc. on Friday night. Good flick!

Bummer. It took me a while, but it is quite funny once you "get it". :)

Carmen said...

Aren't hormones a facinating thing? Glad yours are doing better!