Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby R - Week 10

It's hard to believe that I am already 10 weeks. Baby R is the size of a kumquat or a really large grape.

I had another blood test yesterday to check the progesterone and HCG levels. The injections made my numbers soar, so I am quite confident that we are safe and sound from here on out. They are wanting to check the levels as a precautionary measure now. Hopefully it will not be for too much longer. It takes a toll on the ol' pocket book to pay for these without insurance.

I have discovered that the key to staying steady and not ridiculously nauseous all day long is to keep food in my stomach. They tell you that, but who really wants to eat when you feel like vomiting instead? The key is to eat the moment I wake and the moment before I go to bed....and many points in between.

* Cravings: Subway sandwiches - A couple of weeks ago, I made chicken and sweet potatoes for dinner. By the time it was finished, the smell of it all was just too much and I couldn't eat dinner or even stand the sight of food. But, when we went to bed at 10:30pm I was starving. I needed Subway! It was, of course, closed. I talked Scott into driving me to Wal-Mart to get a deli sandwich. He graciously got out of bed with me and took me with no complaints! Thankfully, I haven't had anything happen like that since then. Baby R also like sweet fruit like grapes, apples, and oranges!

* No belly yet, but a little weight gain - enough to break out the stretchy pants from now on.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Grow, baby, grow!

Tine said...

Hannah, I'm so glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. It's exciting to remember back to those early preggo days with our first...you just know that your life is about to change and will never be the same.

Love,
Tine