Saturday, October 31, 2009

Baby R - Week 7

Looks like Baby R is happy as a clam in there. I am feeling very much pregnant these days. I must admit that keeping up with everyday life is not so easy. I am just not the type of person who likes to be down and out. I am an on the go type of gal. Guess that pregnancy starts preparing you for motherhood from the get go.

Some highlights from week 7:
  • Nausea set in big time this week. It comes waves throughout the day. I have seemed to avoid puking...thank goodness. The last thing I feel like doing is eating when my stomach is turning, but I helps every time. This week I like oatmeal and Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast. I have been craving beef and I don't even eat beef. Guess this momma needs iron!
  • Daddy makes sure that I talk to the baby every day. Each night in bed he asks "have you talked to the baby today?" Sometimes yes, and sometimes I haven't yet. Most of this week I have been apologizing to Baby R for my crazy schedule and telling "it" to hang on tight. Since I have been pregnant, I have been at 4 births. I know it isn't easy on Baby R because it sure isn't easy on me sometimes. Scott likes to tell Baby R to make mommy feel better.
  • Hormones are going nuts. Yesterday I was nagging at Scott all day for the dumbest things. Today I cried during the football game (well, someone got hurt!). Last night I cried for about 15 seconds feeling sorry for myself for not feeling well. I realized how ridiculous I sounded and dried it up real fast!
  • This week I discovered that wearing a sports bra to bed is AMAZING! Apparently I should be anticipating my breasts to grow 2 sizes while pregnant. I don't even know what size comes after DD! I may be one of the only women in the world that is looking forward to getting smaller after breastfeeding. My back will be thankful that is for sure.
  • I am not sure if it is the pregnancy or what, but I have been having very vivid dreams these days. These dreams keep me on the edge of sleep and many times I have woken up Scott while talking in my sleep. I have never done that before. I can usually fall asleep in about 1.2 seconds from my head hitting the pillow at night though. Sleep is a luxurious!
  • Yesterday I got some more blood work done. I have been bleeding since week 6. They want to ensure that the HCG and Progesterone levels are staying in a good place and increasing. I have a miscarriage tea that I am supposed to be drinking. Tastes like bark, but I choke it down when I can. While we were at the birth center getting blood work, we talked to the midwives about setting up our first prenatal appointment. We are thinking about waiting until after the holidays. I just have to make sure I check in with them if there are things that aren't going like they should.
  • I have realized that being a pregnant doula has its downfalls. I know way too much about birth. I was asking all kinds of "worst case scenario" questions to the midwives yesterday. I was kind of freaking Scott out. In the past I haven't been thinking "worst case scenario" and I lost a baby and a tube. I would like to be fully prepared and in the know from now on. I have full confidence in my midwives though. I have seen them in action at two home births and even resuscitate a baby at one of them. I do feel better and more at ease knowing what they would do in all cases.
Check out this website. We are thinking about having this amazing photographer at our birth. What do you think?

Week 8 starts Monday!

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

I THINK this might have been the birth photog at my friend Chantel's birth (of her twins)!

I love you, H! Just keep plugging away. I love your updates and I hope all continues to go well for you and baby. :)

P.S. Not going to lie, I'm jealous of the boobs! (I dread breastfeeding ending for that one reason!) And my dreams were vivid...and sexual while pregnant! Enjoy! ;)

Hannah said...

I was right! Here is the link to her pics of Chantel's birth (Claire and Ben and her babies.) Chantel is my friend who told you congrats on your pregnancy and said she was my friend. She rocks. :)

Hannah said...

Whoops. Link here:

http://dfwbirthphotographer.com/blog/index.php?blogid=1&archive=2008-05

Lori said...

Yes, yes, yes, go for the photos. You will love them. You can ask for $$ to help pay for them as a shower gift. Yes, pregnancy dreams are CRAZY! Grow, baby, grow!

Jerilyn said...

The first 12 weeks of pregnancy are tough. The baby seems to need so much from you. I was so tired I could only do what absolutely had to be done. Then after about 3 months that completely lifted and I had lots of energy. I'm praying the same for you!

Estee Marie said...

hannah! i am so excited for you!i started laughing out loud while i was reading this...ah, the memories of being pregnant! the end will come. the end of the nausea, the end of the boobies, the end of the weight gain, the end. and you'll get a baby!