Sunday, October 25, 2009

welcome to parenthood

My poor husband has been a trooper with the new pregnancy symptoms I have been feeling. This morning he said "I am just not used to my plans changing", as I couldn't decide whether or not I was going to leave the house and go to his mom's for lunch. We had already skipped church. My response was, "welcome to parenthood". Leading up to becoming pregnant, I was reminding him that there may be a time where I could possibly not be feeling well in the beginning. I guess you can't really prepare a man enough for having to cook, clean, and get groceries while his wife lays nauseous on the couch or sleeps for four hours at a time during the day.

I just made a list for him to go to the grocery store and sent him on his way. We shall see what he comes up with at Kroger. He was lucky I didn't send him to our usual Central Market way across town. That place can be a mad house on Sundays. I told him to just make sure the produce is organic as he slipped out the door. Praying he doesn't forget on his three block journey.

Thankfully I have not been full blown vomiting, just nauseous about 75% of the waking hours and 25% of the hours I should be fast asleep. I am so torn about keeping up with my massage schedule or just allowing myself to take a break for a few weeks. Last week I worked on the husband of one of my clients. He smelled like he had just dumped the entire bottle of cologne on before he came. I had to hold back gags for an hour.

When you have wanted a baby for quite some time like we have, you want to take whatever comes with it....sickness and all. That is definitely easier said than done.

5 comments:

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Hannah and Scott - I'm so happy for you! Sorry I missed you when you called! Drew texted in ALL CAPS to let us know!

June is a great time to hava a baby!

Hannah said...

Enjoy the nausea and rest time now (and take care of yourself!) - it will be much less fun next time around when you aren't allowed to rest because you have another child to chase. :) All in the name of BABIES!

I like that you have lots of hormones happening. :)

K Fisher said...

We are so excited for you guys. The nausea and exhaustion is the worst but it will end, even though it gets old really fast. We wish you guys the best. Keep us updated.
Hopefully we'll have some good news soon too. I'm going to explode if I don't have this baby soon.

MOMSWEB said...

Don't hesitate to complain when you feel like it; we've all been there and it comes with the territory (smile).

Jerilyn said...

My comment would be just the same as Hannah's - so I'll just say ditto. You just always have to keep the payoff in mind. And then the super dooper payoff, which is what we're experience now with kids grown but lots of grandkids around to have fun with.