Saturday, October 24, 2009

announcement

Sitting on the BEST news ever has not been easy for us. We are so ecstatic to announce that Baby R. in on the way! Yes, that is right...I'm Pregnant!!!

Wanna know how it all went down? Well, the finding out part anyway. I am sure I don't need to explain more than that. We found out on October 4th. We had friends in for the weekend with their new baby and Scott and I got some serious snuggle time with one cute little guy. I had a hunch that I might be pregnant, but I had thought that before so I wasn't getting my hopes too high. I was expecting my period that day or the next. When our company left, I peed on the stick, sat in on the shelf, and jumped in the shower. It was probably the 10th or 15th stick I have peed on in the past year, so I wasn't getting my hopes up. In the shower I was trying to remain calm and told myself not to get upset if the stick said no....again. I wrapped a towel around me and still dripping wet, I peered over to see the stick. It actually had two lines. I lost my breath. I started to cry. I ran out of the bathroom and upstairs where Scott was working on the ceiling. I was yelling his name and he dropped everything and ran over to me. He thought I was hurt. I was trembling, but told him I was okay. I pulled the stick out and showed him the positive result. We both cried and then set on the sofa trying to let it all soak in. I took two more test in the next few days so that I could settle any doubts I had in my mind. Of course, all were positive.

The first two weeks I felt amazing. I was working out, cleaning house, keeping up with clients, and doing all my normal everyday life things. But this past week it hit me. The slightest smell of anything can make me feel nauseous. But, there are not complaints here. I will take feeling sick any day if it means I can have my precious baby. So far I haven't actually gotten sick, just feeling all the usual pregnancy symptoms like breast tenderness and nausea.

With feeling so good in the previous weeks, I think I overdid it a bit and started bleeding last week more than I was comfortable with. We had already decided long before pregnancy that we were going to plan to use midwives that I have worked with at a couple of births with clients. When I began bleeding for the second time in two weeks, I called them and they got me in for some blood work for HCG and Progesterone and a sonogram. My blood work came back great. Two of the midwives accompanied me to the lab for a sonogram. I had not intended to have a sonogram, but with my history, bleeding is not a sight we like to see. The last pregnancy ended in losing the baby and parts crucial to reproduction. I could not risk losing another tube and becoming infertile.

The day I got the sonogram, I was six weeks pregnant. If the technician and I held just still enough we were able to hear a tiny heartbeat. It is truly incredible that something the size of a grain of rice can have a heartbeat. And, a heartbeat is just what I needed to hear to confirm that everything will be just fine. Little Baby R. is ready to come into this world and be in our arms.

As of today:
Baby R: about the size of a blueberry
Due Date: June 14, 2010
Caregivers: Cleburne Birthing Center - planning a home birth
Boy or Girl: We think girl (just a feeling), but I guess we will know for sure in June
Names: We want to see our baby's precious little face before we settle on a name
Cravings: sweet potatoes, banana nut muffins, and salad
My Current Mood: vicious, moody, giddy, happy, peaceful
Scott's Current Mood: happy, giddy, patient

14 comments:

Jolyn said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. Take care of yourself, Hannah!

Tine said...

I knew it would happen to you soon enough! Can't wait to meet your little one at the next family reunion.

Love,
Ed, Tine, Mac & André

Shannon said...

Congrats!

Hannah said...

Words can't express how thrilled I am for you and Scott. YES!!!!!!!

Love,
The Master Baker ;)

CNH said...

CONGRATS!!!!! :D (i'm hannah's friend ;))

Smits Family said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you Hannah!

Emily said...

So very happy for you and Scott! Congratulations! We will continue to pray for a healthy and safe pregnancy.

Melody said...

This post made me teary eyed. I am so thrilled for you! :) And so excited we get to walk through this with you. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Reasoners!!! This is such a beautiful and miraculous time, there may be some uncomfortable days ahead but enjoy the journey because the reward at the end is more than worth it!

Rejoicing with you guys,
Marissa & gang

MOMSWEB said...

Yippeeee! Praise God! Congratulations!

Lori said...

I just hopped on Facebook and saw your post and gasped and started tearing. Then I visited your blog. I'm so incredibly happy for you Hannah. I have been praying for you!! Bring on the nausea! That means baby is healthy. Oh this just made my day. We both have miracle babies. Grow, baby grow!!

Anne and Joel said...

I'm so happy for you! I also was pregnant during fall and winter, and I LOVED it! Here are my thoughts about "morning" sickness: try not to give in to the nausea. I always felt sick but I wouldn't let myself throw up. I I felt like once it started, it would get worse. Obviously, that isn't based on any sort of scientific research, just my opinion! Also, eat some crackers or something before you get out of bed in the morning, and try to eat small meals throughout the day. If I let myself get too hungry, or if I ate too much I would always feel sick. I know everyone is different, and you'll find your rhythm! Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!!

Estee Marie said...

hannah, you're making me cry! i am thrilled for you guys!