Monday, January 5, 2009

a new year ahead

I have been MIA for the past week, sorry if you all were worried. I have been kind of laying low. The new year has gotten me pondering new goals for me and our marriage, family, career....I am excited for what 2009 has in store for us. I have so many ideas and believe that good things are in store. It is hard to believe that we have been back in Fort Worth for almost a year again. When we came back, I could not have imagined that this is where we would be a year later. I had no idea what 2008 was going to hold. Now that it is over, I am happy to be moving on. It is fun to write down our goals at the beginning of the year and look back at the end to see what actually transpired. In January of 2007, I jotted down a few goals and sealed them in an envelope (I wish I could find them). I guess growing up I was always encouraged to do that. Scott thought I was nuts and wanted nothing to do with it. I think that he has come to realize that having something to work from isn't such a bad idea and we communicate our goals, desires, and dreams quite often now. I think he had to get past the idea that it is okay if they change, as long as you have something to work from. He was thinking he was bound to whatever was on paper and a failure if it didn't get accomplished as hoped.

I have two (all natural) babies due the month so I have been studying up. This will be my first chance to ever be with a laboring women who has no intention of being medicated. I am a little nervous on how I will react and help, but am going to trust my instincts as much as possible. My birth bag is halfway packed with tools. I need some more ideas of things to take along. Today I found some visualization note cards that I will type up. I guess I will just add as I go through each birth and realize what I need and use. It is just the fear of the unknown at this point.

We are back in the house hunting game again. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. We are taking it slow this time. We have to get out of this house. It is making both of us unhealthy. We are crunching numbers and calling in the real estate agent this time around. It would be nice to finally have our own place. It is all in God's timing.

I was supposed to start training for a 5k with some friends. Ya, I know, just don't ask. I am asking myself the same thing...where did that come from? Well, due to the detriment of my health, I have decided not to put myself through that right now. I am joining the Y and giving up my LA fitness membership so I can work out with friends. My husband is too "macho" to be seen working out with his wife. ;) Na, he just doesn't work out with me and I need someone to motivate me like a girlfriend. So, Marissa and I are starting a new program on Wednesday. We will see how that works.

Scott has been traveling overnight to games lately. Last time he was away I didn't sleep at all. He is in San Antonio tonight until tomorrow. I guess we will see if tonight goes any better. The team is doing really well. I think they are 10-1 or something like that. He is liking better now that they are giving him a little bit more responsibility here and there.

The cold rain is falling. Friday and Saturday it was in the 80's. The last couple of days have been freezing and today it has rained all day. Weird weather.....

Well, I will try and go out into the world and do something exciting so I have fun things to report other than weather.

No comments: