Wednesday, January 28, 2009

an excuse to be lazy

Dinner is in the oven, so I am taking a minute to catch up.

Our offer on the house was accepted on Monday. After completing a bit more paperwork yesterday, we are in waiting again. Apparently a lot goes on behind the scenes when you buy a house...who knew!?

Last night we went to bed listening to the freezing rain coming down. I was pretty sure that meant school was canceled for today. In that case, my day today was going to be slow instead of the full schedule I was supposed to have. Scott set his alarm for 5:00am as usual. I told him to let me know in the morning if I schools were canceled. If so, I was staying in bed the whole day. Sure enough, schools were canceled. I was lazy until about 11:00 this morning. I got up and made us some brunch. I did have one client that decided to brave the weather and come for her appointment this afternoon. By noon the ice was melting away anyway. But, I didn't get out of the house today. I worked for quite a while on a blog for my other site. Much to my dismay, the Internet shut down on me just as I was finishing up on the post and I had to start all over. Oh, well...it wasn't like I was going to be doing anything else.

I have a client due tomorrow. I know she is so ready for the baby to come. I have my bag packed and am just waiting on her call. My client that had her baby last week is doing well. I went out to her house last weekend to help her with breastfeeding. The baby wasn't getting a proper latch. She was grateful for the new latch and out of her pain thank goodness.

Other than all of that, we are staying very busy. Scott is in full fledged basketball season and is having a couple of games each week. Thankfully, I stay busy enough to not miss him too much while he is at games and keeping busy with that. And, thankfully his personal training at the gym has picked up quite a bit since the new year. He is averaging about 10-14 clients a day. I am so proud of how hard he is working. He has also been working on a ladies bathroom at her home. He put new drywall up, wired an outlet, hung a light, and sanded all the trim and cabinets. He was glad to be finished with that project this week.

Well, I gotta go fix some green beans to go along with the rest of our dinner. Stay warm and cozy everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: