Saturday, January 10, 2009

babies coming

It seems like so much happens in the weeks, yet so little time to blog. When I get around to it, I can't recall much. But, I'll try. I had my first experience with a semi-natural birth this week. I say semi-natural because she had an pain medication that she and the baby could not tolerate so it was shut off. It was good for me to have the opportunity to facilitate a natural labor because in the coming days I will be at a home birth and a natural hospital birth. I am just waiting for the call. It is an intense and anxious feeling to have to be ready at any time to help a woman in labor. Mentally, I think that I am prepared, but physically, I am not sure that I have everything I need in my birth bag and just praying that I have the stamina to be alert and available for her the entire time. Wednesday and Thursday I was at a 21 hour labor and ended up being awake for almost 36 hours straight. That gets crazy, but at least I know that I can do it. My prayer every day is that I will not get a call in the middle of a massage or when I can't get there in time. I have three births lined up to meet the requirements of my doula certification and I want to be available and there when I get the call.

Scott has games this weekend. He is really starting to enjoy it now that the conference season has started. He is getting more responsibility now. I am proud of him working so hard. I hope some day he will be able to be a head coach somewhere. He is so good at it. It does take a lot of time and dedication, as we learned over the holidays, but he has such a passion for it.

Yesterday was so nice out! I think in the upper 70's. Today my teeth were chattering when I set foot out the door. Such weird Texas weather.....

Thanks for reading ya'll!

No comments: