Thursday, January 15, 2009

a word for me

I had lunch with my friend, Marissa, yesterday. She is always so encouraging and such a blessed friend to me. I had just gotten back from the doctor's office. I had a check up with the gynocologist that did my surgery this past summer because I was experiencing some weird things. He gave me a good report and I left relieved. In addition, I have been dealing with a skin infection for a few months now that I am remedying myself holistically.

As many people know, we have been looking forward to trying for another baby this year, but until this skin infection clears, I don't feel comfortable growing a baby. Last night we had to work, but Marissa and her family went to church in the evening. (We all go to the same church.) At the end of the message the pastor had gotten two words from the Lord that he wanted everyone to be praying for. One was for all those who desire to conceive a child soon. He gave everyone a moment to pray. The next was to pray for all those who have and/or are dealing with a skin infection...scoriosis, exema, fungus, etc. Marissa called me after church to tell me what she had heard and that she was praying hard for me. I got off the phone and got a little teary. Those are so random and different and yet I am experiencing both right now! I am so hopeful that there will be an end to all of this and we can move on into greater things.

When we first decided to start trying for a baby, I didn't really want everyone to know. I wanted it to be something that Scott and I shared together. I guess that when you start having fertility issues, that you really need friends and family to know and be praying for you. It is so encouraging to have people that want the best for you and believe God has big things in store.

One of the issues that is making this skin infection worse is our home. We are not able to open the windows in our home because it is old and they are painted shut. We are afraid to break them if we try. Because of this, we are concerned about the lack of proper circulation and ventalation. We have been searching for a new home, whether it be renting or buying. I think that no matter what, we need to move soon. I have been on my knees praying for just the right place that will be perfect for us and to start a family. I believe it will come and there is something out there. I appreciate your prayers with us.

Take care everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. HUGS!

5 comments:

Jerilyn said...

Hannah, God knows the plans that He has for you, plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jer. 29:11 NLT
Read the description of a covenant man/woman in Psa. 112. That's you!
I'm thinking of you and praying for you. You are blessed of God, you know.

Jerilyn said...

Another word for you Hannah, "And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable conation." II Cor. 9:8 Amp

Unknown said...

Just what I needed, thanks!

Lori said...

Just keep praying. Things happen in God's timing. Not our. I am living proof. You are doing well to keep taking care of yourself.

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Add my prayers cuz I'll be praying for you too! God's timing is always perfect and perfecting!