Tuesday, December 21, 2010

believe

Do you believe? A few days ago we were at my in-laws and they have a decorative sign on the wall that says believe. I looked at it really closely and this is what I saw...bELIeve. Wow. So many emotions come with thinking about this. My little Eli was definitely prayed for a lot and I believed and trusted that God would send us a perfect little angel. I could not have asked for a more precious baby. We are so blessed.

I enjoy motherhood. And that is just what it is. Motherhood. My child is active, curious, and very bright if I may say so myself. He keeps me on my toes. It is a 24/7 commitment and I love every moment. When we go on walks, I load his wagon or stroller with toys, but he would rather people watch and observe what is going on all around us. It never ceases to amaze me how curious he has become.

Here is a brief synopsis of my new every day sayings:
"No."
"Nope, little punkin, that is dangerous."
"No, that is Mommy's."
"Don't get too close to the edge, you will fall."
"If you climb on that, you could get hurt."
"That is going to poke your eye out."
"Oh, yucky, we don't put that in our mouth."
"No, sweetie, that is Daddy's."
"No, those are for Christmas."
"No."
"No."
"No."

In short, we are learning the word "NO". Sometimes "no" is a funny word to him. I try and make it as non-humorous as possible so he understand no is associated with danger. Eye contact is key.

My next post will be a recap of the year. Overall it has been a wonderful and blessed year. But, we have had some sorrow as well. After Eli was born was one of the most difficult times we have experienced. We were dealing with the adjustment of a new baby, my physical, emotional, and hormonal recovery, and the job search for Scott. I can't listen to a particular musical toy of Eli's that we used to play at night when he was first born. It brings me to tears. It is interesting how little things can make bring about such strong emotions. It is hard to have memories like that because it was just a joyous time in our lives as well as such a difficult one too. I am so thankful to be past that difficult season of our lives.

This Christmas is our first as a family of three and the first Christmas that we are not completely stressed about how we will be able to enjoy gift giving without braking the bank. And, we have already started creating Christmas traditions. One of them we stole from an old Holthus family tradition of cruising around in pjs and looking at Christmas lights. One that created two years ago was going to Christmas Eve service and then out to dinner. This year we are adding more traditions now that we have a wee one. We are looking forward to Christmas morning. I am sure that it won't take long for Eli to figure out that ripping paper is AWESOME!

I hear stirring. Back to motherhood.

Love and Christmas Blessing to you and your family!

No comments: