Monday, January 11, 2010

pictures....as promised

This week marks Baby R at 18 weeks. I have to admit, I haven't been keeping up with belly pictures. My husband doesn't seem to have much interest in taking pictures of my belly (although he gives it kisses a lot). I find it a bit awkward to take my own pics. I look like death warmed over today because I have been sick, but here is a belly shot just for you. There hadn't been much of a belly bump until we got to Kansas and I seemed to pop right out. I think all the food we were eating contributed to some of that.

Scott's Grandmother made Baby R this beautiful crocheted blanket. I can't wait to put it in the baby's room. That project is on hold though. A few days before Christmas, we discovered we have three major leaks under our house. It is going to involve serious demolition to take care of them. One is in our room, one in the guest/sewing room, and one in the kitchen. They will have to dig into the foundation to fix the pipes. This is a major project considering we have the same tile floor throughout most of our house and they will have to ruin the flooring to fix the pipes. Looks like we will be looking into getting some new flooring as well. Kind of a lot for this pregnant mommy be thinking about right now. I just want that part to be over. Then we can work on the fun things like decorating the bedrooms, finishing the upstairs, and getting the nursery ready.

Santa made a special visit to my parents house on Christmas Eve just to visit the kids. Andrew was so excited and told him that he was leaving cookies, milk, and carrots for when their stop by later that night. Joely wasn't as eager to be on Santa's lap as Andrew was.

"Oh ya, Santa is coming tonight and I am awesome because I left him a snack!"

Christmas morning. The little elf couldn't wait to open his presents.

Of course, Joely had to snack on a smoothie while opening presents.

Big grins!

Getting ready to head back to Arkansas. Joely spots Papa just as I snap the picture.

Buddies!

Mommy and Baby Joely. Couldn't get a smile out of her though.

Papa and Mama saying good-bye to Andrew.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Cute belly picture! So sorry you have to do all those repairs. Ugh.

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

LOve the belly pic! You look great! Keep those pics coming.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics, Hannah! I am so sorry about your house issues. Better now than after the baby I suppose...never fun anytime though!

Carmen said...

I am anonymous...:)

Hannah said...

Oh Hannah - you are so precious! I love that we can now "see" baby R. :) YAY!

Those repairs sound like a big undertaking! Deep breaths! I'll be thinking of you guys. Wish I was closer so I could offer you a place to escape to if you needed it!

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! A and J are getting so big! Precious little ones!