Tuesday, January 26, 2010

and the demo begins

This week I am watching Baby Emma at nights while her mom recovers from the c-section she had last Thursday. Last night I got there at midnight and Emma wanted to hang out until 2:45am. I finally got her to sleep and then she woke up at 3:30 to eat and then every two hours after that. She really is a good baby. And, it is good practice for me. But, today when I got home I wasn't able to get much sleep with all the demo going. They jack hammered into the floor for several hours. I have been taking cat naps all day in between the hammering to prepare for another long night.

I freaked out just a little bit when I woke up and saw this in the middle of the kitchen floor!!!


As they were working, they discovered more damage then originally expected so they will be digging under the dishwasher and under the cabinets under the sink. Won't be cooking dinner tonight. We have no water and no dishwasher and a disaster on the counters.

This was my massage room and soon to be Baby R's room. This wall backs up to the master shower that has a leak. Interesting methods they have of fixing the leaks. Next, they will dig up the other spare room to get to the hall bathroom. I think after the demo is complete we will go ahead and switch my massage room to next door and start decorating for Baby!!! :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, what a project. Bless you!

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! I hope everything gets solved quickly and without any more suprises. Good luck!