Saturday, January 30, 2010

baby r gets color

Today I went to a cloth diapering demo. Baby R made out with lots of goodies from it. I've decided to use organic, unbleached, pre-fold diapers. I got twenty-four of the 0-6 month size and six larger ones. I got one orange cover. Little Sammy Bear is so cute modeling the diaper.

I got an array of other things as well. On the left is the patch quilt that I am sewing for Baby R. The orange bag on top is the bag for the diaper pale. The blue, brown, and green bag with shapes is the to-go dirty diaper bag. Both the bags have a water proof lining and are washable. I am so excited about them. I also got some Snappis to fasten the diapers, a small bottle of detergent for the diapers, and some washcloths for bottom wipes.

Scott has decided to take on yet another project in my massage room. Our house was built in 1959 and unfortunately is not insulated. Since my massage room will be Baby R's room, Scott took down the bead board and put insulation behind it. He replaced the sheet rock with wood and then he will put back the bead board when he is finished. I am wondering if I will have a massage room by Wednesday??? The plumbers are still at our house. They were here Tuesday-Friday. They have yet more work to do still. They found one more leak at the end of the day on Friday. Once they fix it, they will start filling back the foundation with concrete. My house is in disarray. I am trying not to panic about it.

We are painting Baby R's room green. We got samples at Lowe's and I taped up 11 options. Once we pick a color, I will send the details to Heidi and she will have her "people" match the paint color and send it to us. I am so excited because it is eco-friendly, non-toxic, fume free paint from a company she uses in their business dealings. We are also going to replace our kitchen floor with eco-friendly, wood flooring from Eco Timber Flooring, another company my sister and Jacob get their products from. Thankfully it will all be covered by insurance since they had to dig up the middle of our kitchen to get to the underground leaks.

Our latest thought is that Baby R is a BOY! It was kind of weird. Last night I asked Scott if had any hunches this week. He said he thinks boy and I said I had been getting that feeling too. Baby R is very low in my belly. I feel little kicks and movements way down there. They say boys are low and girls are high. Who knows...just God who sent the little angel to us. :)

No comments: