Sunday, May 17, 2009

it was a jungle out there

This afternoon we got serious about doing some yard work. Scott has been so focused on working on other peoples lawns that ours has gotten a bit neglected. This past week a lady came to the door offering her yard care services. As she walked away from our house after I told her that my husband has his own side business I though, "she is thinking to herself 'ya right' just about now". Then today, even as we worked in the backyard someone left a business card on our mailbox offering lawn services. Scott was getting a little upset about that. But, we did manage to make some headway, I mean come on, we have only been in our house two and a half months! What are you expecting, Martha Stewart?

Ok, so remember the "what the "f%@*" are you watching" neighbors? Well, they brought over a tomato plant for us a couple of weeks ago and just got the chance to transplant it. I planted it in a plastic tub that we drilled a couple of holes in the bottom of. I am no horticulturist, so I hope this will suffice. If I can keep this tomato plant alive and well, I may think about a real garden next year. That would be so awesome!
He also brought me over this tomato plant wire so I hope it works as well. It is kind of lop sided. I got a little nervous when Scott got on the ladder to cut the tree branches down. We can have a pile the size of a small Volkswagon for bulk waste. They come tomorrow, so we didn't want to miss our chance or risk getting any more business cards from lawn care drive bys.As he cut the big branches down, I cut them into smaller pieces so we could have a more compact pile at the curb.In addition to the big pile, we also filled five large lawn trash bags of weeds, branches and other yard trash.
It is pretty much going to be a miracle if I can make it though three massages tomorrow since I am really sore from all the work we did today. It was a good workout for sure.

1 comment:

Anne and Joel said...

Hannah, someday I'll have to post pictures on my blog of our yard when Joel and I moved in. It was HORRIBLE. It's been 2 years, and we're still not done! So don't feel bad...there's always someone whose yard looks even worse!